🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Diana-Mihaela,

Your country has been updated to Romania. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rehan_siddiq
Community Member

My profile is incomplete and I can't change me country. I am currently residing in Pakistan.

https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/

It has selected USA by default.

Hi Rehan,

Your country is now updated and you can complete your profile, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
withloveanni
Community Member

Hi there!

I am new to Upwork and just trying to set up my profile. I am based in the UK but my phone number is Bulgarian (no EU roaming fees so I just keep it and it suits me well). However, I can't change the country code prior to verification. Is there something I could do about this?

Hi Yoanna,

You have to have only accurate information on your Upwork profile including your real location. Please let us know if you would like us to update your Country to Bulgaria in order for you to proceed with your phone verification process?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for the quick reply. I am currently based between 3 countries - Switzerland, Great Britaim and Bulgaria with the majority of my clients being British. Only my phone number is Bulgarian. Ic my location is determined by that then okay, my country can be changed to Bulgaria.

Thank you for following up, Yoanna.

We have updated it from our end to Bulgaria. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
brianwmont
Community Member

Hi There,

I am building my profile and my Location Country is greyed out to Australia. I dont live in Australia and need to change it, how do I do that please? I currently live in Thailand.

Hi Brian,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
laxmankhanal54
Community Member

I am also not allowed to change the country to Australai.

Hi Laxman,

I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hanelya
Community Member

Hi! I'm just new to Upwork. Can you please help me update the country field from United States to Philippines?
Thank you

Hi Janel,

I have updated your country to Philippines as requested. You may now proceed with updating your address. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sora-teichman
Community Member

Hi,

I set my country to US mistakenly; I'd like to change it to Israel. The textbox is disabled.

Hi Sora,

Your Country was changed to Israel. Feel free to update the rest of the information. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
angelaf29
Community Member

Hello. I'm new also. Can you change my country from USA to the Philippines? I made a mistake entering the country at first.

Hi Prachi, and Angela,

I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
grigoryanvahan
Community Member

My country is set to United States, but I live in Armenia. It requires a phone number to complete the registration. 

Hi Vahan,

Please go to your profile Settings>Contact Info>Location(Follow the attested pic)

If above setting not works. Then definitely you need customer support help for this instance. Please email to them. Here is the customer support link: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?utm_source=ada&utm_medium=bot&utm_campaign=handoff

Hope this help 🙂

Thanks

grigoryanvahan
Community Member

Can't change the country while signing up. It's set to United States, but I live in Armenia

Vahan G wrote:

Can't change the country while signing up. It's set to United States, but I live in Armenia

Then wouldn't it have been a really neat idea to not set it to Los Angeles in the USA in the first place?

Why is your timezone showing as 4 hours ahead of where you say you are (just across the adriatic sea from me and on the same timezone as myself?)

Hi Vahan,

Your Country was updated to Armenia. Feel free to add the rest of your address information. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shawnna_j
Community Member

I’m a Canadian trying to sign up for Upwork, but ended up crossing the border to the U.S. for the evening. It won’t let me change it to Canada, where I reside.

Can you wait a day? Are you in the U.S. just for one night?

Yes I was just for one night, but put my old US address. I am a dual
citizen, is there more work in the US or should I change it to Canada?

Shawnna J wrote:
Yes I was just for one night, but put my old US address. I am a dual
citizen, is there more work in the US or should I change it to Canada?

I has to be set to where you actually live.

It has nothing to do with citizenship, dual or otherwise.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shawnna, 

I have updated your country from US to Canada. Please be sure to update your address in the Contact Info page (Settings > Contact Info) to reflect the address where you actually reside.

~ Avery
Upwork
i_obeso
Community Member

Good day, I'd like to ask a help regarding my creation of my profile, my country is supposedly is philippines, but i seted it UK. but it can't be changed because the requirement it should be finished before editing the profile, sad to say I can't finish with it for the reason that my contact number even i submitted the correct digits but the code of the country is uk and it should be philippines so that I can receive a message. please help

Hi Ian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I would like my Country to be set as Romania. Thank you!

Hi Bogdan,

I have updated your country to Romania as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ronhaddock
Community Member

I have used upwork while I was in the USA and now I want to add myself as a Freelancer and

it will not allow my new Spanish address and telephone number.

Ron H wrote:

I have used upwork while I was in the USA and now I want to add myself as a Freelancer and

it will not allow my new Spanish address and telephone number.

You need to first change your country to Spain (or get Upwork to do so)

Hi Ron,

Would you like us to update your country to Spain?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

yes

Hi Ron,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ambitionkpollc
Community Member

Hello people,

I am creating my new upwork profile. But while selecting manual address option it selected by default United Kindom. How to change this? There are no options for that. I have not written anywhere UK. Further for mobile verification also it fetches UK country code which I can't edit. How to solve this problem? 

Thanks in advance guys.

Hi Ambition,

Could you please confirm which country you are located in, the one you would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

India
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths