🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to Change country in profile addre...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Laura,

I`m sorry about the delay with this, your country is now updated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
1ac54d18
Community Member

I have the same issue too. I can not change my country from Mexico to the U.S.A.

I have same issue. I cannot change my country in profile address from U.A.E to Philippines. Thanks

Hi Winnie,

It looks like your country was already updated to the Philippines. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hello Marie! 

I cannot change my country while creating my Upwork profile, its showing US but I am a resident of India.  please help me with this.

PRANAY NARSIPURAM

Hi Pranay,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
77c8c760
Community Member

Hi! I have the same issue. I need to set my location to Venezuela and the country option is locked for the US. 

Thanks in advance

Can you please change my country to India from USA

Hi. While making this account I was in India. However, I am currently in the UAE.

Hi Ali,

You should be able to change your country on the Settings > Contact Info page and under the 'Location' section as shown in this screenshot

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nina,

Please can you help me reflect my country as Romania as well?

Thanking you for your help in advance!

Yoraan

Hi Yoraan

I have updated your country to Romania as requested. 

If you need further help please let me know.

Thank you.
~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also am having this same issue, my default country is the UK... I need it to be USA. Please update. Thanks!

Hi Rachelle, 

Your country has been updated to the US. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
709a202f
Community Member

Thank you! Address worked but now my phone country code is incorrect so I
can't get my text to confirm my account. Are you able to help me with this
also?
709a202f
Community Member

Thank you! Address worked!!!
But now my phone number country code is incorrect so I can't get my text to confirm my account. Are you able to help me with this also?

Hi Rachelle,

You will need to add a US phone number in order to be able to proceed further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My phone number is **Edited for community guidelines** I have that in the field but my country code is defaulted to +44 (and I cant change that). Please change the default country code to US (+1). Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rachelle,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi I have the same issue I am living in Australia and could not change it while creating profile

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Eanish,

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Nina would you please help me to change my region to China? thank a lot! Kind Regards Jennifer

Hi Jenny,

Your country is updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Nina

I also cannot change the country from UK to Mexico, so I can use my mexican phone number. I would be glad if you help me with that, since I cannot go back nor skip the phone number request.

Thanks

Vicente

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vincent,

We have updated it from our end to Mexico. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am unable to change my location from Egypt to Russia.

I moved to Serbia but my country is set to Bosnia
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristijan,

I updated your Country to Serbia. Feel free to add the rest of the address information to your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Nina, Can you please help me out? I'm facing the same problem, I can't change my country location from the US to Iraq, and I can't complete my profile submission because of that

Hi Fatima,

Unfortunately, freelancers located in Iraq don't have any way to withdraw their earnings, that's why Iraq isn't available on the list of countries you're looking at. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My country is set to United states but I now live in Nigeria. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

I want to Change my country to Sri Lanka from United States...

Hi Isuru,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My country is set to United states but I now live in the Nigeria. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

I want to change it to India. please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your country has been updated to India, Rattan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I would like to change my country from USA to Kenya.

Hi Kontos,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am creating my profile in Upwork I have filled all details but not able to change country it is showing United states to default I am from India.

can someone please solve this issue.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Hi Siluveru,

Your country has been updated to India. You may proceed with adding the rest of your profile details. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths