🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: CANNOT UPDATE LOCATION
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Ambition K wrote:
India

Is "Ambition" your real, legal name? Because otherwise you'll have the next problem in a minute.

mtngigi
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Ambition K wrote:
India

Is "Ambition" your real, legal name? Because otherwise you'll have the next problem in a minute.

It appears to be his agencie's name ... another agency posing as a single contractor. So many seem to be getting away with this.

Thank you for following up, Ambition.

You're Country was updated to India. Please add the rest of address information to your application.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alapine
Community Member

I am trying to set up my initial profile, and my country is showing US but I recently moved to Germany. I unable to enter my German address and I am unable to get the access code because the code is being sent to an unrecognized number. Please help

Hi Anastashia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
24b23a57
Community Member

i moved from malaysia to saudi arabia 

please update my country

Hi Jawid,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
lizr86
Community Member

CANNOT UPDATE LOCATION ON PROFILE CREATION TAB. WENT TO SETTINGS CHANGED LOCATION TO USA, AND IT IS STILL SHOWING IN MY PROFILE CREATION PAGE GREYED OUT BOX WITH UNTITED KINGDOM. CANNOT VERIFY WITH USA TELEPHONE NUMBER IF I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE THE TELEPHONE CODE !!!!!!!!!!!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liz,

We updated it from our end to the United States. Please update the rest of the information to your profile.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
drakontisp
Community Member

Hello, I accidentally added wrong country on account creation and now I am not able to receive verification code. The problem is that I am not able to visit the settings page until my account is verified.

Hi Panagiotis,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! I recently signed up for Upwork and, while submiting my application, the country selected by default is UK, where I'm currently traveling, and I cannot change it to Spain, where I normally live (and where I have a verifiable phone number). Can you please help me out?

Hi Carolina,

Your address needs to reflect your current location. Once you`re back to Spain you can update your country and address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran! How can I verify my phone number then, if the only option is having a phone number of the country you're currently in, even if you're just traveling for a few days? Thanks!

Hi Carolina,

Your country is now updated. Just to clarify my previous post, if you have moved for a longer period of time you should have your address reflect your location.

If you`re traveling for a short period of time there's no need to update your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ernestaerne
Community Member

Hello, when I first registered, I was living in UK. I hadn't finished my profile then and now I moved to Lithuania and I want to finish my profile, but I can't change the country..

Hi Ernesta,

Our team has updated your country, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
skirtal
Community Member

I have the same issue too - by default, the US were selected, but I'm living in Ukraine and use the Ukrainian phone number. Can't finish the registration.  Please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olena,

You Country was updated to Ukraine. Feel free to continue with your registration.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My country is set to Malawi for some reason.

I reside in Serbia and can't change the value to show Serbia.

Hi Sergio,

I have updated your country as requested. You should now be able to update your address by going to your settings page and updating your address in your Contact Info page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
liel_vdh
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue, can't change from US to Israel.

Hi Liel,

I have updated your country to Israel as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
michalkucera
Community Member

Hello, I need to change my country from England to Czech republic, and the create your profile form doesn't let me to.

Hi Michal,

I checked your account and see that you have been requested to complete the phone verification step. Please proceed with verifying your phone number first so that you can proceed with updating your location. If you need further help, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
addesigns025
Community Member

need to change UK to US. glitch when signing up.

Hi Adrienne,

As requested, your country has been updated to United States. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am also experiencing the same issue. In my case I currently live in Spain, and I started the profile in UK.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Your Country was updated to Spain. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sujinhawkdev
Community Member

Hi, I am an American web developer who currently lives in Germany.  I chose the location of the USA when I started the sign-up process. Now, I can't put my German phone number for the phone verification because it is set to the USA number. I tried to close this account and start it all over again but I can't even find the account closing option either. Please help me !!  

Thank you!

Hi Sujin,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address and continue with your phone verification. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much~!

It was set to Germany once and then it is back to the USA now for some reason. Could you please fix it again?

Hi Sujin,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rsaab
Community Member

I entered the wrong country upon registration and I cannot change it and cannot verify the current selection. I am currently in Lebanon.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rashad,

Your country has been updated to Lebanon. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
valsopi
Community Member

Hi there,

Just registered my account and cannot change my country. I am stuck in submitting my profile with location grayed out.

Hi Val,

You'll be able to update your location once your profile is approved. Please complete your profile and submit it for review, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
valsopi
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I am stuck at verifying my phone number. So I can't move forward with the submission.

Can you move me back a step so I can choose my country.

And also, why isn't Kosovo on the list? 

Hi Val,

Unfortunately, at the moment, there are no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork. Please let us know into which country would you like us to update your profile. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths