cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change location before verifying

Highlighted
Leila A Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
1961 of 3,823

I just realized that I cannot register with this country (tried with a different device). I think I'll need to ask you for a location change once I go back abroad. If there is any other way, please let me know. Thank you.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1962 of 3,823

Hi Leila,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the corespondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Leila A Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
1963 of 3,823

Thank you for your assistance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1964 of 3,823

Leila A wrote:

Thank you for your assistance.

Unfortunately, due to US sanctions against Iran you can not work on Upwork, which is a US business.

Highlighted
David G Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
1965 of 3,823

I moved to Spain before verifying my account, and now the location shows as USA and I can change it. I would like to set my location to Spain so I can move on with creating my account. Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
1966 of 3,823

David G wrote:

I moved to Spain before verifying my account, and now the location shows as USA and I can change it. I would like to set my location to Spain so I can move on with creating my account. Thanks!

Oh please...

You created your account YESTERDAY and have since "moved to Spain" where you've been studying for years and likely have always lived? It would be so refreshing if one of you people just came right out and admitted that they tried to set their location to USA because it seemed cool and a bright idea and more lucrative, and got caught out by the phone verification thing.

Highlighted
David G Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
1967 of 3,823

Yes, I proudly live in Spain, but I've been working in the USA for some months, where I created the account.

I just expressed it that way so that it would be easier to understand and straight to the point. You really shouldn't take so many (ridiculous) assumptions that quickly.

Highlighted
Community Guru
1968 of 3,823

David G wrote:

Yes, I proudly live in Spain, but I've been working in the USA for some months, where I created the account.

Yesterday... lol

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
1969 of 3,823

I like how you even remembered to change your LinkedIn location within 24 hours of moving! Unpacking? Nah. Sleep after a long flight? Nah. Must change location on Upwork and LinkedIn.

Highlighted
Community Guru
1970 of 3,823

Jennifer M wrote:

I like how you even remembered to change your LinkedIn location within 24 hours of moving! Unpacking? Nah. Sleep after a long flight? Nah. Must change location on Upwork and LinkedIn.

And, of course, on the day he is "moving" from one continent to another, he has nothing better to do than create an Upwork account stating a location he knows fully well he is in the process of leaving within hours...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS