🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Change location
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Moamen,

We've updated your account location. Please, feel free to update the rest of your address. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

i have the same problem and i can't change the Location from US to Germany, can you please help me ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omer,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Germany. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to change my location from America to India along with the contact number. How can I do this?

Hi Amanpreet, 

The team will follow up with you through an email with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Ok thank you

Hi, 

I can't change my location. Currently I'm in London UK. Please advice. 

Thanks,

Denisse

Hi Denisse,

I just updated your country to UK, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

I just create my profile, and choose USA by wrong, so I can't verfy with phonw numbe, I need to correct it to Egypt please

Hi Ismail,

We've updated your country to Egypt. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

it's not changed, see attached image.

Hi Ismail,

Please refresh the page you are viewing or try using a different browser. You can also clear your cache and cookies before you log back in to your account. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi again,

I try another browser ans still in USA country, please check it again for me.

Thanks!

Hi Ismail, 

The Customer Support Team has updated your country from US to Egypt for you. I apologise for the inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork

Ok

Hello, I lived in Turkey for a while, but now I returned to my country, Georgia
I want to change my location now to georgia 
My goal was to coordinate with Upwork for this

Hi Sahar,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already update your address on file. If you need any assistance or have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

The location buttons are blocked (makes no sense honestly). I chose the USA, but I', from Argentina and now I can't change it. Can you help me fix that?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thiago, 

I would like to confirm that this is working as designed as freelancers who have selected a US location for their country will need to verify their location. I have updated your country to Argentina as requested. As a gentle reminder, please be sure to fill-in corrrect and honest information about yourselef when filling-in your profile, and account information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Is my upwork profile already verified? If yes can I change my location now? I'm currently in Philippines

Hi Trixie,

It looks like you were able to successfully update your country. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is my account already verified? If Yes then can I change my location? Can you please change my location to Philippines. Since I am working and residing here in the Philippines. Thanks

Hi Trixie,

Your country is already updated to the Philippines. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue on your end? Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

I would like to change my location but the website will not allow me. How would I go about doing this?

Hello,

I would like to change my location but I am not able to. How would I got about doing this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adebola,

You should be able to update your location as per instructions shared in this help articleCould you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Jamey,

Our team had responded on your ticket that you made for the same problem, please follow the detail steps described there. You can access your tickets on this Link, if you need further help let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need to change my location (and payment method) from Japan to Italy but when I click on  "update" I get the following message.

Warning: changing address country may result in VAT rate changes and/or invalidation of existing VAT numbers. Are you sure you want to continue?

Will this affect payments that are not completed yet or my weekly billing report?  How should I proceed?

Hi Lucilla,

Upwork charges the country-specific Value Added Tax (VAT) to freelancers and agencies in the European Union (EU), unless you provide a valid VAT number. VAT will be assessed on services provided by us, not on services you provide your clients. To learn more about this, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, how i can change my location? the tab is not working.. my location now is  Rivnens'ka City Council, Ukraine, but this is not entirely correct. Rivne, Ukraine is true

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bogdan,

To edit your address go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and you will be able to update your address and City accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your reply)

The button Contact Info is not working in my profile( 

How can I still change this?

Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bogdan,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser and follow the steps I`ve shared with you. If you`re still having problems with the Contact Info section let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cleaned the cache and tried on two other browsers. Contact info also does not open

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the confirmation Bogdan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well I will wait.
Thanks you

Hi ,

I am not able to fix / Edit my country (Country section is greyout). My account is still not approved. 

Please suggest me.

Thank you

Purnima Singh Luhach

Hi Purnima, 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. I'd be happy to look into this for you. Can you please share the country where you're located so I can check? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sshofikul
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,
I am from Bangladesh and this profile address is USA location, Well, I had a plan to go to USA once but my USA plan has been canceled.
And now I want to change my location USA to Bangladesh.
So, Please help me to change my location!
Thanks!

It is always irritating when one's lies come and catch up, isn't it!? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths