🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jawid,

Your country is updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ayisiclare
Community Member

Hello my country is set to Kazakhstan and it's greyed out. I would like to have it changed to Kenya please, so I can subbmit my profile

Hi Clare,

I have updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
leonel-azumo
Community Member

I registered to be able to send proposals through the agency account of the company for which I work but by mistake I placed that my country was USA (which is where the agency is) and now I cannot change my country to Spain which is where I am currently.

Now I am blocked because I cannot submit proposals until I can complete my profile, verify my phone, etc.

Please help me.

hey don't worry about it. that agency ain't in the US either.

Hi Leonel,

Your county has been updated as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
victorianokey
Community Member

I cannot change my Country either. 

Hi Victoria,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location.

We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cb94d49b
Community Member

Hi, Can you please change my Country to Philippines. Thanks!

Hi John,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
malik_omer_raza
Community Member

When I am trying to add my address, it is showing my location as United State instead of United Kindom. Even I can not talk to any guy in support or even not able to generate a ticket to resolve this issue. I will be highly obliged if someone from Upwork team can help me resolving this issue. 

Hi Omer, 

~ Goran
Upwork
atienza_nyla
Community Member

I need help changing my country. 

My username is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Didn't realize VPN is going to be a problem

Hi Nyla,

Your country has been updated as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hoseinarabbeigi
Community Member

I cant change country to iran too.

Hossein A wrote:

I cant change country to iran too.

Unfortunately Upwork is not able to have any business dealings with people from Iran due to US sanctions.

tanumittalsharma
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to complete my profile on Upwork where the default country is set to United States. I've recently moved to India, But now I cannot move further to complete my profile. Kindly Help in updating my country.

Thank You

Tanu

Hi Tanu,

Your Country was updated to India! Feel free to proceed with completing your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you!

edwin_estevez
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork, I live in Puerto Rico but it doesn't appear listed as a US territory neither as a Country (wich we aren't). Any help with how to fix this will be very helpful.

Thanks, 

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

You should be able to select Puerto Rico as your Country of residence under the Address section of your application form! Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Tried but it doesn't let me change it. When I try to click to change the country it appears a prohibited sign. 

Thank you for following up, Edwin!

Your Country was updated to Puerto Rico! Feel free to proceed with completing your application form and submit it for the review once completed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
h_staykov
Community Member

I cannot change my country from US to Bulgaria.

Hi Hristo,

~ Goran
Upwork
asselb
Community Member

Hello,

I have recently signed up for Upwork and cannot change my country/location from Lund (Sweden) to Istanbul (Turkey). My profile hasn't been approved yet but is there any way I can change it while it is being considered?

Thank you in advance!

jodypm
Community Member

Hi Assel,

Yes, changing a country could prove to be difficult, but I think that doing it on Upwork should be easy as soon as you've alerted the admins -- as you have. Take a look at this thread where you can see that others who had your issue in the past had it taken care of quickly by staff.

I wish you the best of success on Upwork.

Best regards,

Jody PM

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Assel,

Your Country was updated to Turkey! Feel free to add the rest of the address information to your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
asselb
Community Member

Thank you so much, Bojan S!

All the best,

Assel

nicolarobinson
Community Member

Hey, 

someone please help me, iv set my country as the wrong place, im travling alot and chose the place i will spend the most time, but i dont have a phone number for there yet so i cant finish my set up.

Like wise i cant finish my set up if i can't enter the address for the country i am living in, because the system is set in the country i origionaly entered.The system then wants a phone number but i dont have a phone number for that country yet so i can't complete the set up. 

Some help soon would be fantastic.

Many Thanks, 

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Great thanks, Czech Republic 

Thank you for following up, Nicola! 

Your County was updated to the Czech Republic. Please add the rest of the information to your profile! 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
marouli93
Community Member

My profile country is preset to be UK although my permanent address is in Greece (i was in UK when I started creating my profile). Now I can’t change the country. Same for mobile prefix, it’s filling automatically the British prefix and I don’t have a British mobile, so I can’t validate my account

Hi Maria,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update your address by going to Settings > Contact Info > Location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
echosei
Community Member

Hi! My location is set to Albania, I couldn't change it somehow. I'm located in the US.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marie, 

I have changed your country to the U.S. as requested. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused on your end.

~ Avery
Upwork
echosei
Community Member

Thank you!

olupencil
Community Member

I made a mistake when I was trying to sign up to upwork. I clicked on USA mistakenly instead of Nigeria. And when it took me the next page, I couldn't be able to change it back to Nigeria when I was asked to edit address. What should I do? Or please, help me fix it
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olu, 

The team will reach out to to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths