🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Cant update location
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
angeparramd
Community Member

I am creating my profile and I don't know why I cannot change my country.
It shows United Kingdom and I am not there
I need to change it to Denmark, plus I need to receive a sms for confirmation and my number is from denmark

Hi Angelica,

Your country is now updated, when you`re ready feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sharmasneha22
Community Member

I created my profile in USA but moved back to India. Now I am trying to update my profile but its not updating. Please help me out

Hi Sneha, 

Your Country was updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

It still shows my location as Oklahoma City, USA. Can you please update it
to Bangalore, India?

Thanks
llelen
Community Member

Hello. I am trying to change the country to Armenia, where I am currently, but the country is US and is greyed out , can you help me please? Thank you! 

Hi Gayane,

Your country has been updated as requested. Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
designer_def
Community Member

Hi, can you please change my country from the USA to Ukraine? Thanks..

Hi Max,

I have updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
simplyjason
Community Member

I live in Spain and my country of residence states I live in the United Kingdom.

When I try to input my address it does not allow it as it wants a UK address to which obviously I do not have.

How can I change this please?

Hi Jason,

Your country is now updated, feel free to add your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
almanzalawy-hate
Community Member

Pkease change my country to Egypt

Hi Hatem,

Your Country was updated to Egypt. Please add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kalesleung
Community Member

I’m in the middle of applying for Upwork. It changed my country to United States but I’m from Hong Kong! The field is locked so there’s no way for me to change! Please help!!!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalley, 

I have set your profile's country from the U.S. to Hong Kong. You should now be able to update your address on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Sorry it’s me again. I don’t know why the address is showing up as New York after I typed in Hong Kong for my application, and I cannot change it I don’t know why! Please help solving this too.

Really sorry for the bother!

Hi Kalley,

The reason you`re seeing New York in your address is because in the City field your city is set as New York. You can update this field by going to Settings > Contact Info > Location.

~ Goran
Upwork
nshaji
Community Member

While signup by mistake I put my country as US.
How can I update it as India
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naseeba, 

The team will reach out to you through an email with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Upwork,

My account was created in Canada but I actually live in the USA. How can I change this? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Shane, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
qandeelrabab
Community Member

Hello, I cannot change my country, it is set to USA, but I live in pakistan, I cannot access the settings page, it redirects me to "create your profile" page, please help me, so that I can submit my application. Thank you

Hi Qandeel, 

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Very fast..thank u so much

Hi, I have a similar problem, I'm stuck on the registration page. I can't seem to change the country to India, It is selected as USA and the country tab is not selectable. I need to change the country to India.

Hi Fahad,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mataspaskevicius
Community Member

I'm not able to change my location from United Kingdom to Lithuania during the registration process.

Mister F wrote:

I'm not able to change my location from United Kingdom to Lithuania during the registration process.

Why did you enter United Kingdom in the first place?

Unless your legal name (as it appears on your passport) is "Mister" your location is the least of your worries. You also need to be truthful about your history

Hi there,

Your Country was updated to Lithuania. Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Let us know if you have any other questions and please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Would you mind modifying my name, because during the registration process I didn't realize that I must enter my own name instead of a nickname of an account. I want it to match my bank credentials

My name is: Matas Paskevicius.

I'm in the middle of the registration process and have no intentions to submit my application that include profile details which doesn't match real and verifiable information.

Hi Matas,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to change your profile name during the application process. Please complete your application form and submit it for the review. Once you do, you'll be able to change your profile name under the Settings - Contact Info.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
benjaminkay
Community Member

Could a moderator please help me to change my address from the UK to France? I have been trying and keep getting re-routed to my profile where I am unable to edit my address. I do not have a UK phone number at present. Thank you.

Hi Benjamin,

Your country has been updated to France. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mikepdesigner
Community Member

I am completing my profile but its default set to the united kingdom when I live in the United States how would I fix this?

Thanks,

Michael Peterson

Hi Michael,

Your country is updated, once you`re ready go to Settings > Contact Info > Location and you will be able to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cameronsaulnier
Community Member

I'm unable to switch my country from Australia to the United States. Whenever I try and change my country in 'Contact info,' I get the notifcation specifying that --> 'In order to change your address to the United States, you must first provide your W-9 tax information here' 

Afterwards, I click the 'here' button and it directs my to 'Tax Information' and I hit change address and it brings me right back to 'Contact info.' It's a non-ending circle. 

I need my address to be back in the States for tax purposes so I can begin getting paid.

I'm not sure what to do. 

Thanks,

Cameron

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mooretruly
Community Member

I am having the same problem. My mailing address is in the US, but I live in Morocco and my phone number is in Morocco as well. I am not able to change my country from the US. 

Truly M wrote:

I am having the same problem. My mailing address is in the US, but I live in Morocco and my phone number is in Morocco as well. I am not able to change my country from the US. 

Presumably your real, legal name is Truly Moore?

If not, that is the next thing you'll have to fix immediately

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths