Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing Country on Profile

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Justin R Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
2161 of 3,899

Hey Carmen,

Are you originally from Panama/was the account created while you where in Panama? 
If that's the case it may have locked in that location for you, 

I would just reach out to the support staff, via chat, and they'll definitely fix it for you Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2162 of 3,899

Hi Carmen,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your country has been updated as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Carmen J Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
2163 of 3,899
Thanks so much!!
Highlighted
Noah R Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
2164 of 3,899

on my profile, the Country is locked to the USVI and I can't change it. I do not nor have I ever been to the USVIs

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2165 of 3,899

Hi Noah,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please let us know the name of the country that you would like us to update your profile with.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Noah R Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
2166 of 3,899

USA

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2167 of 3,899

Hi Noah,

Your country has been updated to the USA. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Julia J Member Since: Oct 6, 2019
2168 of 3,899

Hello, are there alternative forms of double verification aside from the mobile phone code? Currently, I am a US citizen who is studying in Turkey for one year. English is my native language and it feels more appropriate to select "United States" as my country, however I no longer have a stateside mobile phone number (only a Turkish number). How should I navigate this? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Julia Jakus

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2169 of 3,899

Julia J wrote:

Currently, I am a US citizen who is studying in Turkey for one year. English is my native language and it feels more appropriate to select "United States" as my country,

Your location must reflect where you are. So it is not "more appropriate" to choose the US because you are not there. It is not a "native language" setting or a "citizenship" setting or a "which country do I like best" setting. It is "location," Your location is not USA.

If you are in Turkey, your location must be set to Turkey.

Highlighted
Julia J Member Since: Oct 6, 2019
2170 of 3,899

Thanks! That clears it up. My follow up question then would then be: how do I adjust the country? Apologies for so many questions. I am new to the UpWork community. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS