🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

HI Nina,

I too wish to change my country. How do I go about this?

Many thanks,

Mark

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark, 

Could you please share with us as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I am unable to change my country from the United States to Ireland.

Hi Aaron,

Your country is updated to Ireland, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I signed up for Upwork but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to US but I now live in Vietnam. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

Your Country was updated to Vietnam. Feel free to add the rest of the information to your address section and submit your application for review once you complete it.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rdn17
Community Member

Hi Nina,

Can you change my country to Kosovo if exists? If not change it to Albania.

Hi Redon,

At the moment there are no updates on having Kosovo listed on the list of countries that a user can select on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I need to change my country because I use a phone with a different country code. Kindly assist to complete my profile. It is in the phone verification phase. Country option is greyed out.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Brian,

Please confirm your current location and our team will update the country on your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

United States
petra_r
Community Member

Brian M wrote:
United States

I don't think so... You're no more in the USA than you are in the UK.

sbarts
Community Member

That is an abusive statement. I studied there for years. I work and live
there. I wrote the UK because I am doing my Masters there, but I am on
holiday. My UK phone was not receiving your code. I wanted to give my US
line because my UK is not roaming properly. But, I have to change my
country to change my phone number.

Disappointing customer service and software layout. If you are unable to
help. I will let your supervisors know for sure. Kindly do your job. I gave
you the country to use. If it still doesn’t get the code to my phone. I
will let you know.
petra_r
Community Member

Brian M wrote:

Disappointing customer service and software layout. If you are unable to
help. I will let your supervisors know for sure. Kindly do your job.

This is a public user forum. I have no supervisor and this is not my job.

Your profile location must reflect where you live, not your "holiday destination" - so if you indeed live in London, that is what needs to be on your profile and you have to complete phone verification when you are back from "your holiday..."

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Brian,

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Nika,

I have same issue. Currently, I live in Canada, but I cannot change the country. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Phuong

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Phuong,

Your Country was updated to Canada. Feel free to add the rest of the information to your profile!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Help me me out, I mistakely choose US when filling my profile. How do i change my location to Nigeria please??

Thanks..

Hi Shammah,

Your country have been updated to Nigeria. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi ,

I signed in but i am not able to change the country to Canada. System shows the default country as India.

Hi Richard,

Your country have been updated to Canada. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am also unable to change my country from Albania. I am in the United States.

Hi Dalia, Hossein, and Rushina,

Dalia and Hossein, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your request.

Rushina, your country has been updated to the USA as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am unable to change the country of residence from US to Portugal in my profile creation. How do I change this?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eva, 

I have updated your country from U.S. to Portugal as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. My country is set to Thailand, and I'm not permitted to alter it. Can you be of assistance? I'm attaching a screenshot showing the country field locked. Whatever causes this consistently, as is apparently happening, is a ridiculous feature that prevents flexible work.

Hi Gwen,

I'd be happy to assist you. Could you please confirm your current location so I can check? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gwmaar
Community Member

Hi there,

My location is the U.S. However, if I intend on traveling/temporarily
relocating in the future, will this require making this request each time?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Gwen,

If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello. I have the same problem. I can not change country from turkey to italy.

Hi Nafiseh,

Your country has been updated to Italy. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Nina,

My browser accidently changened my country during registration to London, but my real adress is in Russia. Now I can't continue my registration. Please help  

-Mathew

Hi Mathew,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have signed up to Upwork but haven't submitted my profile for review yet. I am replying here because I see that you change the country if we ask for it here. I would like to change it from Pakistan to Turkey now since I have moved to Turkey and work from here now. 

Let me know if that is possible. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rakay,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Your Country was updated to Turkey as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having trouble finishing my account set up because I can’t change my country to the USA from the UK. Any idea what to do?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

Your country has been updated to the US. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m based in Estonia at the moment. Change it please.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marina, 

The team will follow up with through an email support ticket with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue here! I need my country to be France, and it's currently the UK. I can't finish to set up my account because of this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths