🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Your country has been updated to France, Elise. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hello

i have the same problem , as my country is the UK but im currently freelancing in france with a french number i cannot verify my account as its linked to uk it is locked with +44 so i cannot type in my +33 french number. I would really appreciate some assistence as i cannot set up my profile. 

Many thanks in advance

Josey

Hi Josephine,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to change the country of residence to Israel from United Kingdom in my profile creation

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

Your Country was updated to Israel as per your request. Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I can't change county on creating profile page. Please help me.

I can't change my country to Philippines. Please help.

Hi Dayanara,

I checked and it seems that your country was already set to the Philippines. If you are experiencing any problems submitting your application, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am having the same issue.

I live in Israel. But, I am a US citizen who files US taxes.

I originally put in Israel as my country, but can't change it for tax information.

re: "I live in Israel. But, I am a US citizen who files US taxes. I originally put in Israel as my country, but can't change it for tax information."

Pamela: it is fine, then.

Your location on your Upwork profile reflects where you live. It does not indicate citizenship. And it is not for tax purposes.

Because you live in Israel, Upwork will have you leave the location as Israel.

Hi Nina, I want to change my country to China cause i live in China now, how can i achieve that. Now my country is US cause i forgot to change it when I sign up the account.

Hi Bella,

I`ve updated your country to China, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi
My country isn’t uk.
And I want change it but i cant .
Pleas help.

Hi Karben,

I'd like to check this for you. Please confirm which country you are currently located so I can assist you. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi How can i change from United States(default while creating profile) to Kenya?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeremiah, 

I have updated your country to Kenya as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, how do i change my country from Kuwait to Philippines? Thanks in advance.

Hi Rhacquel,

I updated your country to the Philippines as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, 

I have the same problem and it's kinda frustrating because I need to redo again what I did on the first 8 steps and I cannot change my country still. Im currently residing on Abu Dhabu, United Arab Emirates.

Please help. It's been a day since I created my profile.

Thank you,

Kerwin 

Hi Kerwin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I signed up for Upwork WITH GOOGLE ACCOUNT AND I CAN NOT CHANGE MY COUNTRY FROM UKRAINE TO USA( NOW I LIVE IN USA)

I signed up for Upwork WITH GOOGLE ACCOUNT AND I CAN NOT CHANGE MY COUNTRY FROM UKRAINE TO USA( NOW I LIVE IN USA)

Hi Mike and Vadim,

Your countries have been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profiles.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Mine's broken too, I cannot get out of the 'create profile' page, so frustrating!

Its currently set to UK and i'm in Australia.

Eddie Thomas

Hi Eddie, 

I apologize for the delay as I had to check this with the team. Please know that I have updated your country from UK to Australia. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I seem to having the same issue. Can't change my country to Poland. Could you please help?

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jagoda,

Your country has been updated to Poland. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I want to change my country to Canada and its not working

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dariana,

Your Country was updated to Canada as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
darianab
Community Member

Thank u

Can you please change my country to India.  I am a US citizen but I am living in India.

Thank you

Hi! Please help me to change my country. It should be in Qatar not in USA. I cannot able to received verification code due to wrong country selection. Hoping for your immediate response.

Hi Jeniffer,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jsinj
Community Member

(also Can't Change Country) ... I joined Upwork as a client a few years ago, to hire a freelancer.  Now I've moved out of the US and I'm a freelancer. 

The freelancer profile form won't let me change my country to Chile.  And when I try to go to my settings, it just takes me back to the profile form.

Help? (please and thank you)

Hi Jason,

Your country has been updated to Chile. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jsinj
Community Member

Thank you for changing my country!

I have now gotten about 15 replies from other people asking about this
question.  Is there a way to unsubscribe from that?

🙂
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

You should be able to click on three dots in right corner of your post (screenshot for the reference) and chose the ''Unsubscribe'' from the drop-down menu.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jsinj
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, Bojan.  I tried that.  But I don't seem to have the unsubscribe option.  (see screenshot)

I've also looked back at the post to which I think I replied to see if I could unsubscribe from that.  But I didn't see any posts where I had the unsubscribe option.  They all had subscribe.

It looks like I'm getting these from numerous threads.  (see second screenshot) So maybe there's some post to which many people are replying and I'm getting all those replies?    As I said, I looked for it, but couldn't find any post from which I could unsubcribe.  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

You've been unsubscribed from emails about this topic. Please let me know if you still get an email.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Nina,

I created my personal account while I was still living in the Netherlands and using Upwork with my working account. I now moved back to Portugal, my country of origin, and I'm unable to change this info. I want to use Upwork as a freelancer but can't proceed updating my info since the country is incorrect.

Can you please help me?

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths