🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Cannot change my country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
janeyou96
Community Member

Unable to change Country from US to Canada. Please help 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jane,

I checked this for you and your Country is set up to Canada. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aleksandarstan40
Community Member

I have the same issue too. I can not change my country from US to Serbia. Please help.

Hi Aleksandar,

Your country has been updated to Serbia. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello

Can you check again please? I still can't change my country from US to Serbia.

Thanks

Hi Aleksandar,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same issue too. I can not change my country from US to India. Please help

Hi Smitha,

I checked and can confirm that your country is already set to India. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
zen_abe
Community Member

Are you Moderators NOT AWARE that these requests to change country are (mostly) to bypass Upwork's filtering system for new freelancers??

You guys truly need to look at **Edited for Community Guidelines** tricks on how to get registered on Upwork. Chances are, they didn't get accepted on Upwork, then create a new profile as a US based freelancer (with a fake US mobile number as well). And then to get "ID verified", they need to change the country back to their actual countries.

So much for the "paid" connect thing to eradicate heaps of trash.

We're only seeing increases in freelancer count, but an overall DECREASE of (legit) clients. Guess where's that gonna take you when supply exceeds demand?

Any ideas why UPWK stock took deep plunges successively in recent months, while the S&P 500 and the market in general are going upward?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

They're apocalyptic signs for this (once great) platform.

Hi Zain,

Thanks for your comments and concerns. We have systems in place to address violations like the one you mentioned and which can't be sidestepped by changing a freelancers' location.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alessiamic
Community Member

Hi,

my location is set on Thailand because I am currently travelling in Asia. But I am living in Italy, Genova. can you change it?

thanks

Hi Alessia,

Your country has been changed to Italy as requested, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, same issue, country set up as UK but I'm living in Aus now. Can you please change.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom, 

The team will follow up with you through an email with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, same issue, country set up as USA but I'm living in Ukraine now. Can you please change.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amina, 

Your Country was updated to Ukraine as per your request. Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

kindly change my location to Australia. The last time i did that, it
triggered another round of verification which I just did and passed.

Thank you.

Hi Solomon,

Please, reach back to us once you're located in Australia and we'll be happy to update your Country for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aurelius3141
Community Member

I cannot submit my application because I can't update the Country & Address field. United States was selected by default & now the Country field isn't an editable text box. How do I proceed? I cannot update the address until the country has been updated.

Hi Michael,

Could you please confirm your current country and our team will update it from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thanks for your swift response. My current country is India.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks so much, Goran. Appreciate it.

Hi, same issue, country set up as USA but I'm living in Ukraine now. Can you please change.

sheilavolpato
Community Member

Hi, I have created my account while I was living in the US, but never finished  my account information. Now I am living in Brazil and when I log in I am redirected to Creat Profile to send a verification code, but I cant change the country of residence.

Hi Sheila,

Your country has been updated to Brazil. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fritz_cobrado
Community Member

can someone please help me how to change the country from US to Philippines. I was filling up my profile and I cannot finish it because the country wont change. 

Thank You for helping me out. 🙂

Hi Fritzshairah,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you so much

Hello, 

I am having the same issue changing my country from the US to France. Please advise as I can't move forward to get my profile approved. Thank you!

Hi Rebecca,

Your country is now updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

it still didnt change. please help me.Capture.JPG

Hi Fritzshairah,

Please click on my name and send me a PM with the profile URL where you`re seeing the location set as United States. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi everyone can someone help me. I cannot move forward from finishing my profile because my country cannot change from US to Philippines. Thank you

Fritzshairah C wrote:

Hi everyone can someone help me. I cannot move forward from finishing my profile because my country cannot change from US to Philippines. Thank you

It already says Philippines.

it says Philippines.jpg

no it didn't. look at the country bar, I cannot change it.Capture1232.JPG

Hi Fritzshairah,

Thank you for the follow up. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with Fritzshairah.

I live in Vietnam but my country is locked as `United States` at the moment.

Can you please check this problem and let me know?

Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thanh, 

Could you please try clearing your cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? Please come back here if this doesn't solve your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Fritzshairah, 

I checked your account and can see that the Country field is locked to the Philippines. Could you please confirm if you are still seeing the United States in the Country field?

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 3.08.41 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths