🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

yes, I can still see the United States Capture1232.JPG

danielebert32
Community Member

Hello, when setting up my account I set it to the US however need this to be Australia which I cannot modify.

Hi Daniel,

Your Country was updated as per your request. Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aestaeric
Community Member

Hi there - my account refuses to let me change my country as well. I'm currently based in Canada and would appreciate if you could change my country to that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ketki,

Your Country was updated to Canada as per your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jenniferraise124
Community Member

I work in fiverr market place since 2 years. Now I want to work in upwork as a freelancer.But I am not able to create an account from Bangladesh.Please help me.

Hi Jennifer,

Your country has been updated to Bangladesh. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
crabonifacio
Community Member

I can't proceed with the account setup because country can't be changed. It is default to US but I lived in the Philippines. Please help thank you

Hi Carmela,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that your country is already set to the Philippines. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

here's an image attached to this email to prove the country is still set up
in US instead of Philippines

Hi Carmela,

I checked and it seems that your country has been set to the Philippines already. Please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let us know if you still continue seeing a different country on your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
seanrebello
Community Member

I am from India and now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Sean,

I updated your country as requested. Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your location needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I can't seem to change the country in my apllication so I can proceed with it, can you please help me change it from USA to Macedonia?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emilija,

Your Country was updated to Macedonia as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
m_mesaoudi
Community Member

Hi Community,

I would like to be a freelancer in upwork, and I find changing country's disabled while creating my profile, any help? I want to make it to morocco instead of United States.

Thank you 

Best,

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
roybrons
Community Member

Hey!

the 'country' field in the my account is greyed out and I need to change it as i'm not living in Malta anymore but in Sweden. I didn't see a way to reach out to Upwork so I'm trying it this way. 

Hi Roy, 

~ Goran
Upwork
mohini70
Community Member

So, I am trying to create my account on Upwork. Creating an account is so buggy.

1. I added my education and my work experience in India. It thinks that my current location is also India. Why? I am in Canada. I can't edit the location.

2. When I try to change my work experience location, changed it to Canada, now I can't save that. Page won't even scroll.

I am stuck. I can't even submit my application for review.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohini,

Your country has been updated to Canada. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to add the rest of the information on your profile?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
yoshie_agata
Community Member

I cannot change my country setting to Japan from Spain. Could you please help me with that?

Hi Yoshie, 

I have updated your country from Spain to Japan as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there

I can't change my country from United States to United Kingdom so that I can complete my profile. Please can you help?

All the best

Shiraya Adani

Hi Shiraya,

Your Country was updated as per your request, thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you.

I can't change country United Kingdom to Turkey on creating profile page. In this reason i can't complate my profile. Please Help me.

Hi Uygar,

Your Country was updated to Turkey as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
carriepierce
Community Member

I’d like to change my country to United Kingdom but unable to do so since I’m in the middle of creating my profile. Can someone help me please?
Thanks!

Hi Carrie,

Your country has been updated to the United Kingdom. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Kindly help me update my country to Australia
matbey
Community Member

Hi, I have a problem to change the country and mobile phone and at the same time finish the application. Do you know who should I contact?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
amithirapara
Community Member

Hello 

I am from India but while creating my profile the country tab was disable and showing British Indian Ocean Territory.

I can't edit that tab so kindly please help me to update my country.

Warm Regards,

Amit

Hi Amit,

~ Goran
Upwork

Won't let me change my country to United States.

Hi Denis,

Your country has been updated to the United States. You may now continue filling in the rest of your profile and submit it for review. If you need any help, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
jimmytk
Community Member

I cannot change my country of residence from London to Nigeria since i have recently moved from UK.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

Your Country was updated to Nigeria as per your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kenjiuw
Community Member

Hi, I can't choose country in making my profile.

It's greyed out at United states.

I live in Japan.

I can't complete my profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths