🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: can't choose country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kenji,

I just checked your account and I can see that you were able to successfully add your address with Japan as a country. If further help is needed let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your help.
But, I'm still stuck in the same trouble.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kenji,

Could you please share a screenshot from your from the country field? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
esme_jay
Community Member

Hi there!

I am trying to complete my profile, but the country is stuck on US - I am now temporarily based in France, and I’d like to be able to change country to reflect that.
However, the ‘select country’ box is blanked out, and I can’t switch it in order to finish my profile. Any tips?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Esme,

Your country has been updated to France. You may now continue filling in the rest of your profile. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Exact same problem and mine has been this way for more/less two weeks now.
I've basically given up on creating a profile.

Hi Sharon,

Could you please confirm the country where you are currently located? Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

When I signed up for upwork, I never completed my account. Now I signed in after a while, and I was asked to fill the required information. I cannot change my country, however. It is stuck with the US. I live in Canada, and hence I cannot enter my address for profile completion. How can I change the country to Canada?

Yours,

Vahid Haghighat

Hi Vahid,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
marina998877
Community Member

Hello, Can you please change my location to Canada? Thank you!

Please contact support center and they will reply you via email.

Ahmad S.

Hi Marina,

I updated your country as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bvv01
Community Member

HELP!!! when registering, the site did not allow me to change the country of residence. Now, what should I do to correctly fill out the profile? manually does not allow to change ...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vyacheslav,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bvv01
Community Member

RUSSIA
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Vyacheslav!

Your Country was updated as per your request. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jethrocao
Community Member

Hi there,

Please change my country to Canada. It is currently set as the USA, so even if I try to just sign up with an US address, then change it in my settings later, I'm unable to because as I cannot verify my phone number.

bvv01
Community Member

what's happening?
!!!
Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vyacheslav,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ericashepard
Community Member

I am originally from the US but currently living in New Zealand. However, my default country is stuck on US and it will not allow me to change it/verify my phone number.

Please can someone help me with this? 

Hi Erica, 

I have updated your country to New Zealand as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jethrocao
Community Member

Hi Avery, can you please help me out too? Thanks,

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jethro, 

Please know that I have updated your country from the U.S. to Canada as requested.

~ Avery
Upwork
c_magbual
Community Member

I would just like to get some help regarding creating an account. I can't gy security code because I don't have options to change the country. It's already grayed out.

Simeone help me please. I really want to have my account fixed.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine Jane,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! Trying to create an account but I can't change the country. It is Grayed out. Please help me change it from uS to philippines.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christine Jane,

Your Country was updated as per your request to the Philippines.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ilakkiapriya
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork. Just creating my profile. I am living in Canada but my country is shown as United States. Please help me to change my country from United States to Canada.

Hi Ilakkia, 

I'm sorry I missed answering your post! I have now updated your country from the U.S. to Canada. 

~ Avery
Upwork
4580df5c
Community Member

Hi, I made a mistake while creating the account by putting the wrong country. I thought it was asking me for the country where I work rather than the country that I reside (I work remotely and travel around a lot)

Now the country is greyed out and I can't seem to change it. 

Could you help me change the country so I can finish creating my account?

Thank you

petra_r
Community Member

Youssef G wrote:

Hi, I made a mistake while creating the account by putting the wrong country. I thought it was asking me for the country where I work rather than the country that I reside

Where do you live and which country did you put on your profile?

Hi Youssef,

Kindly let us know the country name and we will update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Egypt - thank you so much for your time.
I apologise for my haste when reading the question.

Have a wonderful day!
Happy holidays

Hi Youssef,

I updated your country to Egypt as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Happy Holidays!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
niteship
Community Member

Hi

While creating an account, I chose the United States as my country by mistake, please change it to India

Thanks

Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

I updated your country to India as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
charmelionag
Community Member

Hi, same issue here. Can't change my country, I am in France and it shows UK and I can't change it.

Thanks

Hi Iurie,

Your Country was updated to France as per your request. Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ismayilov_rauf
Community Member

I am unable to change the country of residence to Azerbaijan from United States in my profile creation.

Hi Rauf,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths