🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
archi-architects
Community Member

hello i have entered a wrong country by mistake how to change it thanks in advane

Hi Archi,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hello Bojan,

Can you please help me as well, i have the same problem as others.

Thank you in advance,

Gheorghe

Hi Gheorghe,

Could you please confirm your country and I will update it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

It's Moldova. 

Thank you.

Hi Gheorghe,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, could you change my location to Bulgaria. My profile is not verified yet so I cannot change it myself. Thank you.

Hi Martin,

Your country has been updated to Bulgaria. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
miasky18
Community Member

Hello, I am also trying to change my country to United Kingdom.

Could you please help me ?

Mihaela Gruber
r_juliano
Community Member

Hi,

I opened this account when living in Spain and did not finish setting it up. I am now living in Malta and I am unable to change this detail to complete registration.
yusuf-merza
Community Member

Hi, I mistakenly chose a different country in the registration process. Now I'm unable to continue. I tried following the steps of the chatbot, but apparently, I can only change my location when I actually have my account fully set up. Is there a way to go back in the registration and change the location country?

Hi Yusuf,

Please confirm which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location so I can assist you. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I would like to set my country to Bahrain.

Thank You 🙂

Dear Moderator,
I would like to set my country to Bahrain.
Kind Regards,Yusuf 

Hi Yusuf,

Your country has been updated to Bahrain. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
babblay
Community Member

I'm trying to change the country to Sweden but It's locked as the US for some reason. And it's asking me to put in my phone number but that wont work since I'm not from the US.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdoulie, 

I have updated your country from U.S. to Sweden. Your phone verification request should be removed within the day. I apologise for the inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

while registering my account I was unable to change the country setting. The default setting was Andorra. I was forced to leave this setting as is because the field was greyed out. My actual country of residence is Lithuania. Could you please instruct me on how to fix this issue?

Kind Regards

Dangis Slapelis

Hi Dangis,

Your Country was updated to Lithuania as per your request. Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
itmubarak
Community Member

Hi! I mistakenly selected wrong country while creating my account. How can I fix it?

I hate it when my fingers accidentally type "Laguna Hills" too.

Settings > Contact Info > Location > Country > Update.

Actually it's not let me complete to create the account. That's why I'm not getting any options!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mubarak,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
itmubarak
Community Member

I'm from Bangladesh.

itmubarak
Community Member

Please change it to Bangladesh.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mubarak, 

I have updated your country to Bangladesh as requested. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
biancapavel
Community Member

Hi there! Can someone help me change the country of residence on my account? I first created the account in Romania but I now moved to Argentina and I cannot finish setting up my account because I can't change the country there. Thanks!

Hi Bianca,

You Country was updated to Argentina as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
itmubarak
Community Member

Sorry! I'm from Bangladesh.

brandons9311
Community Member

I wanted to join Upwork so I could try to find work as a freelancer, but during the sign up process I changed my location to the US. I am American but currently living in Japan. Later it asked for my address and intially I just fed it my American address, however next it asked for my phone (which is where the problem is). I have a valid Japanese phone number and I attempted to put it in but it never sent me the verification text. After waiting several minutes then trying a different variation of the phone number (as in without an area code, etc.) it eventaully did not allow me to change it anymore. Understandable, but now I am unable to complete the login. I assume the issue is either me incorrectly entering my phone number, or my changing my location from Japan to America.

After browsing the help section I have found that it was completely my fault for saying I am currently in America when I am infact not.

I suppose the question is this: is there a way to change my location to Japan while creating my profile (there is no back button on my screen)? As I can not progress through the phone verification window now.

(I know someone might ask so I want to say, I do have a valid work Visa in Japan and am able to do this kind of work, so the legality of it is not a problem, I am just very used to putting in America because I am American)

Thank you in advance!

Hi Brandon,

Your country is now udpated and you can continue with your application.
If you experience any other problems with your application let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I am just adding here to say that was amazingly fast! It updated and I was able to finish the creation process, thank you so much!

I have since moved from that older address but filed it in as a force of habit. could you please change my physical address country to Egypt? Thank you!

Hi Amr,

I updated your country to Egypt as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
chrisbruney_cd
Community Member

I need my country changed from the UK to the Netherlands, but it seems from this thread that someone in support needs to change it for me. 

Hi Chris,

I updated your country to the Netherlands as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Spoiler
Hello 
I selected the wrong country during the registration phase and Now I cannot put my phone number. It's grayed out. What do  Ido ?

Hello 
I selected the wrong country during the registration phase and Now I cannot put my phone number. It's grayed out. What do  Ido ?

anubhavxanand
Community Member

I am trying to setup my account, but i'm unable to change country from USA to India(my place of residence), as it's greyed out. Please help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths