cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change country of residence

Highlighted
Mubarak H Member Since: Dec 30, 2019
2191 of 3,255

Actually it's not let me complete to create the account. That's why I'm not getting any options!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2192 of 3,255

Hi Mubarak,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
2193 of 3,255

I'm from Bangladesh.

Highlighted
2194 of 3,255

Please change it to Bangladesh.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2195 of 3,255

Hi Mubarak, 

I have updated your country to Bangladesh as requested. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Bianca P Member Since: Dec 30, 2019
2196 of 3,255

Hi there! Can someone help me change the country of residence on my account? I first created the account in Romania but I now moved to Argentina and I cannot finish setting up my account because I can't change the country there. Thanks!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2197 of 3,255

Hi Bianca,

You Country was updated to Argentina as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
2198 of 3,255

Sorry! I'm from Bangladesh.

Highlighted
Brandon S Member Since: Dec 31, 2019
2199 of 3,255

I wanted to join Upwork so I could try to find work as a freelancer, but during the sign up process I changed my location to the US. I am American but currently living in Japan. Later it asked for my address and intially I just fed it my American address, however next it asked for my phone (which is where the problem is). I have a valid Japanese phone number and I attempted to put it in but it never sent me the verification text. After waiting several minutes then trying a different variation of the phone number (as in without an area code, etc.) it eventaully did not allow me to change it anymore. Understandable, but now I am unable to complete the login. I assume the issue is either me incorrectly entering my phone number, or my changing my location from Japan to America.

After browsing the help section I have found that it was completely my fault for saying I am currently in America when I am infact not.

I suppose the question is this: is there a way to change my location to Japan while creating my profile (there is no back button on my screen)? As I can not progress through the phone verification window now.

(I know someone might ask so I want to say, I do have a valid work Visa in Japan and am able to do this kind of work, so the legality of it is not a problem, I am just very used to putting in America because I am American)

Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2200 of 3,255

Hi Brandon,

Your country is now udpated and you can continue with your application.
If you experience any other problems with your application let me know, thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS