cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Made a mistake when creating my account and am unable to finish the creation process to change i

Highlighted
Brandon S Member Since: Dec 31, 2019
2501 of 3,892

I wanted to join Upwork so I could try to find work as a freelancer, but during the sign up process I changed my location to the US. I am American but currently living in Japan. Later it asked for my address and intially I just fed it my American address, however next it asked for my phone (which is where the problem is). I have a valid Japanese phone number and I attempted to put it in but it never sent me the verification text. After waiting several minutes then trying a different variation of the phone number (as in without an area code, etc.) it eventaully did not allow me to change it anymore. Understandable, but now I am unable to complete the login. I assume the issue is either me incorrectly entering my phone number, or my changing my location from Japan to America.

After browsing the help section I have found that it was completely my fault for saying I am currently in America when I am infact not.

I suppose the question is this: is there a way to change my location to Japan while creating my profile (there is no back button on my screen)? As I can not progress through the phone verification window now.

(I know someone might ask so I want to say, I do have a valid work Visa in Japan and am able to do this kind of work, so the legality of it is not a problem, I am just very used to putting in America because I am American)

Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2502 of 3,892

Hi Brandon,

Your country is now udpated and you can continue with your application.
If you experience any other problems with your application let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Brandon S Member Since: Dec 31, 2019
2503 of 3,892

Hello Goran,

I am just adding here to say that was amazingly fast! It updated and I was able to finish the creation process, thank you so much!

Highlighted
Amr R Member Since: Jan 1, 2020
2504 of 3,892

I have since moved from that older address but filed it in as a force of habit. could you please change my physical address country to Egypt? Thank you!

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2505 of 3,892

Hi Amr,

I updated your country to Egypt as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Chris B Member Since: Jan 1, 2020
2506 of 3,892

I need my country changed from the UK to the Netherlands, but it seems from this thread that someone in support needs to change it for me. 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2507 of 3,892

Hi Chris,

I updated your country to the Netherlands as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Eros H Member Since: Jul 22, 2020
2508 of 3,892
Spoiler
Hello 
I selected the wrong country during the registration phase and Now I cannot put my phone number. It's grayed out. What do  Ido ?
Highlighted
Eros H Member Since: Jul 22, 2020
2509 of 3,892

Hello 
I selected the wrong country during the registration phase and Now I cannot put my phone number. It's grayed out. What do  Ido ?

Highlighted
Anubhavq A Member Since: Jan 1, 2020
2510 of 3,892

I am trying to setup my account, but i'm unable to change country from USA to India(my place of residence), as it's greyed out. Please help

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS