🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frankie,

Your Country was updated to Germany as per your request, thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
feopm
Community Member

Thank you Bojan
fdyt_
Community Member

I cant complete the registration as well because the site wouldnt let me change the country. im currently residing in indonesia
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fitri,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi. i would like to change it to Indonesia please

Thank you
shilpa_biradar
Community Member

Hi,

I am in the process of opening the account with Upworks.

I am from India and i am on short vacation to Germany and while opening the account the country is selected as Germany and its not editable. How can i proceede?

I only have all the proofs from India, and want to select the same while opening the account.

Someone from Upwork will need to change your profile country setting. Wait for a few days. It should be done by then, by virtue of you having posted here. (And your post was flagged for a moderator's attention.)

thanks for the reply

Hi Shilpa Bhimanagoud,

Your country has been updated to India. You may now continue adding the rest of your profile details. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

thank you very much

Shilpa Bhimanagoud B wrote:

Hi,

I am in the process of opening the account with Upworks.

I am from India and i am on short vacation to Germany and while opening the account the country is selected as Germany and its not editable. How can i proceede?

I only have all the proofs from India, and want to select the same while opening the account.

Wait until after your vacation. If you change the location to India now, the next person will flag your profile because the local time in your profile does not match the location.

thanks for the suggestion

barbarabartucz
Community Member

Hey, 

When I created my profile back 2018 I was living in the UK. 

I started to fill out my profile yesterday, but unfortunately it doesn't let me to change my country to Hungary for some reason - and I cannot finish my profile because of that.

Can anybody help me with that?

Many thanks,

Hi Bartucz,

I updated your country to Hungary as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I recently relocated to Australia to further my Education, can you please help me update my country of residence to Australia?

I can't do it on my own.

Hi Solomon,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you... I really appreciate
msabahatkhan099
Community Member

I'm living in UK now on student visa, I would like to make sure that my Profile says I'm from UK and not from Pakistan. How do I change that?Do I have to provide you documents? If yes, which documents?

Hi Sabahat, 

When you move to another country, you will need to update your address with your current location. The team will reach out to you through an email to confirm your location.

~ Avery
Upwork
nbakurupanda
Community Member

Sadly I'm still stuck at the profile creation page for freelancers and it has me locked into the USA as a region instead of letting my change it to Spain where I currently live. What that means is that I can't use a Spain phone number to verify myself, create my account and then delete it. I cannot move past the profile creation page and there is no direct way to contact customer support to get this done, so I'm forced to post here.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nikhila,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ritarebocho
Community Member

So, I have a similar problem. I moved to Portugal, and I'll be staying here.

However, when I try to edit, it only allows me to choose UK addresses. Same thing happens with the phone no., when I try to verify it, it gives me the +44 area code...

What should I do?

Thank you!

Hi Rita,

Your Country was updated to Portugal, feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

thank you so much!!

I shall do that now.

Thank you once again,

Rita

roman_simonov
Community Member

Hello. I'm trying to register, but i can't choose my location and phone number. The upwork site already put "United States" in the location field and i can't change it to my country and city. Could you help me with this issue please?

Hi Roman, 

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for response.

I'm from country Russian Federation (Russia), the city is Moscow

Thank you for following up, Roman. 

Your country has been updated to Russia. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aliglover
Community Member

Hi there,

I cannot change the country on my profile. My profile is auto-populating as Canada when I live in the United States. I have an American address and phone number. I am logging on from the United States.

I cannot find a customer support email to fix this issue. Nor can I find any solutions through the automated channels.

Thank you so much for your time and help,

Ali

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your Country was updated to the US!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi 
Will you be able to edit my country location as well so that I can complete my profile?
 Thank you! 

Hi Paul Wilson,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 
I am sorry. I forgot to include it on my message. It should be Philippines.
Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you for following up, Paul Wilson! Your Country was updated to the Philippines as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
I forgot to say that is should be Philippines. 
Thank you so much!

6bcb7591
Community Member

hi, why is the country set to Albania when I live in the USA!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jordan

Your Country was updated to the US as per your request, thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
elijahsanders
Community Member

Hello, I just set up my account and it's awaiting approval, how can I change my address to Bali, Indonesia? Thank you.

Hi Elijah,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths