🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to Change country in profile addre...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hello, I can't seem to change my country of residence from United Kingdom to the Philippines.

Hi Jan,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am not able to complete my profile because my country is fixed at India, even though I am currently living in Milan (Italy). Not able to apply anywhere as I cant move forward. 

Please resolve soon!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiral, 

The team will get in touch with you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am unable to change my country from the United States to Japan, where I am currently residing.

Lease help, I can't change my country from United Kingdom to United States while creating account. I

Maryam F wrote:
Lease help, I can't change my country from United Kingdom to United States while creating account. I

But you're neither in the UK nor the US and aren't "The Aussie Voice" and don't have a micro studio in New York and never went to Harvard any more than the dozens of other fake profiles using the same trick.

lysis10
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Maryam F wrote:

But you're neither in the UK nor the US and aren't "The Aussie Voice" and don't have a micro studio in New York and never went to Harvard any more than the dozens of other fake profiles using the same trick.

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! It's that guy again! I wonder if this is some Upwork account seller putting this same description in to get approved to sell the account. I can't believe this is just one REALLY STUPID guy that keeps coming back to the forum and then suspended.

petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Maryam F wrote:

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! It's that guy again!  I can't believe this is just one REALLY STUPID guy that keeps coming back to the forum and then suspended.

There are at least a dozen of them left - last time I looked there were more, but it looks like they were mostly rejected anyway (Upwork, what is the point of leaving rejected profiles up??)

Plus the original top-rated high earner they all stole the overview from, of course.

Hi. 

I also have this problem.

I'm located in Spain, and can't change it from UK

In creating my profile, I cannot input an address other than one in the USA. I would like my country to be Thailand, where I am located. Please advise.

Hi Tu,

Your country is updated, feel free to add the rest of your address and continue with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I have the same issue - please help!

I'm from the U.K. but temporarily residing in New York. I want to open a Profile with Upwork, and entered my 'home' address as the UK, which is correct. Now in order to verify my account, they want to send a confirmation code to my phone, but the default country code is set to +44 and won't let me put my temporary US number in. This is super annoying as it won't let me go back and change the address/home country anymore, and it will not let me change the +44 country code which will not receive texts while here in the US! Any suggestions?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Claire, 

Your Country is now updated to the US. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I'm facing the same issue. I would like to change my country from US to India. Any suggestions on how I can do so?

Hi Tanvi,

Your country has been changed to India as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I would like to change my country from the UK to Pakistan where I am located currently. Would you please be able to do that?

Thank you

Hi Hafsa,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there, same issue, my country is set to Vietnam but I want to update it to AUSTRALIA.

thanks in advance!

Esther

Hi Esther,

~ Goran
Upwork

Australia is between 8 and 10 hours ahead of Spain, not just 3 hours ahead.
???

I'm trying to create my profile and I can tell change the country to Nigeria. It's stuck on US and I have no address for to put in.

Hi Sharon,

Your country is now updated, thank you

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, thank you for the swift reply. However, I wanted to continue with
the creation of my profile but the country still shows US. Please help, as
I cannot complete my profile without it.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sharon,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm still having problems with it. It's still showing the US as my country.

I am also not able to update my counrty from Armnia to Sweden. Could you please help me with that? 

Hi Mesrop,

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm working in france can you please update my profile!

Also I created my account as a client and I wanted to create a freelancer account can you change that for me please every thing is greyed out or just doesn't work. Thanks !

Hi! I’m having issues with the ID Verification. I’ve just joined Upwork and my profile has been approved, however I’m an Irish citizen living in the United Kingdom which means my passport appears unsupported during the verification process. Any assistance with this would help please!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eunice, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bastien, 

You should be able to create a freelancer account from the same account by going to your Settings page and clicking on the "Create New Account" at the bottom of this page. 

As for updating the country, let me go ahead and look into this and get back to you once I have more information. 

ETA: Hi Bastien, the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
808985b1
Community Member

It doesn’t work…

My POV: https://gfycat.com/powerlessunknowninganue

Also I cannot remove the company I’m attached to…

Thanks a lot for helping!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bastien, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same issue. I can't change my country from Albania to Italy. 

Hi Geri,

~ Goran
Upwork

I have this problem too

I can't chage contry from USA to Thailand (my country) while I'm registering

please help me hoe to solve.

Thank you

In creating my profile, I cannot change the country from USA. I would like my country to be Egypt, where I live. Please advise.

Hi Noorhan,

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths