🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Changing location on unfinished profile
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
d703e811
Community Member

Hi i cannot change my country to Tunisia to finish my profile submission.

Thank you!

Hi Youssef,

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
farrahjordan
Community Member

Hi there. I am in the process of setting up a freelancer profile on your site, but am running into some complications related to location. I am an American citizen currently residing in Spain. I maintain an address and a bank account in the States, which is where I would prefer to source my employment and to be paid. However, my phone number and primary residence are based in Spain. What would you recommend for setting up my profile? Thanks so much for your help. -Farrah

Farrah S wrote:

. I am an American citizen currently residing in Spain. I maintain an address and a bank account in the States, which is where I would prefer to source my employment and to be paid. However, my phone number and primary residence are based in Spain.

You live in Spain, so you need to set your profile location to Spain.

It is not a "citizenship" location, it is meant to accurately reflect where you actually are.

Which is Spain.

Sounds good. But it looks like I can't change the country location on my profile. Any idea how to get that changed?

Hi Farrah,

Your country has been updated to Spain. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
808985b1
Community Member

I am unable to change the country of residence to France from United States in my profile creation

Also I created my profile as a client where I wanted to create it as a Freelancer can you help me with that please. Thanks!

slaterdavid
Community Member

Hey there,

When I registered for Upwork, I was in Canada. I'm now setting up my profile in the UK, and I can't seem to change the country. Are you able to help?

Thanks very much!

Hi David, 

Your country has been updated to the UK. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
eowens90
Community Member

I have the same problem, I can't update my address and phone number ot Peru

Hi Edward,

I updated your country to Peru as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gustavo8th
Community Member

Hi there, I'm trying to create my UpWork account, but I live in Peru, and my country is locked to the United States. I seem unable to create an account. Am I unable to work for UpWork without being from the US?

Hi Augusto,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I updated your country to Peru. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much!

cedrola_mariela
Community Member

Hello! I set up my profile with my past location in Argentina.I am actually living in the US and I can´t change the location to my actual adress in the US. How can I change it? Thanks.

Hi Mariela,

Your country has been updated to the US. You may now continue the rest of your profile. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ab097cf8
Community Member

Hi there, I'm trying to create my UpWork account, but I live in Bulgaria, and my country is locked to the United States. I seem unable to create an account. 

Hi Stoyan,

Your country has been updated to Bulgaria. You may now continue the rest of your profile. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
caterinafuligni
Community Member

Hi! I recently moved from the UK to Italy, but I can't change the country in my account settings! The bar for changing country is greyed out. Can anybody help me?

ajohnson-blake
Community Member

Hi, 

I also cant change my country from US to the Netherlands. Can you please assist.

Hi Ashley,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I also can't change country from the UK to Italy. Can you please help?

Hi Caterina,

~ Goran
Upwork
korovaich
Community Member

I have the same problem during registration. I can`t change country from USA to Ukraine.

Looking for your help

Sincerely,
Christina

Hi Christina,

Your country is set to Ukraine, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vimal739
Community Member

I had created the account when living in the US, now I'm in India and unable to change the country. Please help, thanks!

Hi Vimal,

~ Goran
Upwork
6bbef2a0
Community Member

Hi Goran,

I accidentally chose US as my country instead of India and I can't proceed with my profile completion. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahul,

Your Country was updated as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lydiahouse
Community Member

Hi, I started creating an Upwork profile when I lived in Australia. I want to finish creating my profile but I now live in U.K and system won't let me change it. Can somebody help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lydia,

Your Country was updated to the United Kingdom as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I would like my country to be United Kingdom but United States is greyed out so with no ability to change it? Can you help?

Hi Gareth,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

No luck! Help!?

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Gareth and Fil.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your application forms.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
3e435fc0
Community Member

Hi! I’m setting up my profile and need my country to be reflected as Singapore instead of the United States. Can you please help with that? Thanks!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Serene,

I checked this for you and it looks like your Country was already updated to Singapore. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
3e435fc0
Community Member

I just tried logging on with another browser and it's fine now. Thanks!

Community Member

I have the same problem during registration. I cannot change my country from Mexico to USA.

Looking forward for your help

Best,
Jacob
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacob,

Your Country was updated to the US as per your request. Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths