🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
expandops
Community Member

I have verified my phone number but on the complete profile section is says my location is UK and will not let me change phone number or location.   Same issue as the thread please can you help me sort it.  Thanks a lot.

Hi Elliott,

Please confirm your current location so that our team can update your country. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thailand is current location
I am a British National

Thank you for the follow up, Elliott,

Your country is now updated. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much I will go to my profile soon.

The country is correct but it is not handforth wilmslow, it is bangkok, Thailand

and the mobile phone is not +44 its +66   Thanks a lot.

milenalombardo
Community Member

Hi everyone. I'm a new upwork user and I'm excited to work on this platform. I'm experiencing an issue with setting up my account. When filling up my information my country is set and blocjed to Algeria, but I live and reside in Italy. Could you please help to solve this problem?
Many thanks!

Hi Milena,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I updated your country to Italy as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much!
avrammeitner
Community Member

I think my account was initially created when I lived in the UK. Now live in Hong Kong and can't complete the creation of my profile.

Can you change my country to Hong Kong? Thanks in advance.

n.b. I tried to create a ticket via support, but kept getting punted back to the community site.

Hi Avram,

I updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, please update my country to Germany. Thank you.

Hi Paulo,

Your country has been updated to Germany. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
hassanr2410
Community Member

By default my country is set to US and i can't change it to Pakistan

Hi Hassan,

Looks like your Country was set up to Pakistan. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
doctorahudson19
Community Member

I can't correct my country of residence--it does not allow me to remove Mexico and put in USA.  Help, por favor.

Hi Jennifer, 

I have updated your country from Mexico to the USA as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
umasiva_us
Community Member

My country is not updated, so I could not update my uplook profile from India. Do the needful

Uma S
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uma, 

Could you please confirm the country that you wish to update your country to?

~ Avery
Upwork

Madam,

I am in India.  The country field is not enabled and is greyed out with 'United States' as the default value.  Can you please update my Country to India so that the city and pincode details will autopopulate on the dropdown lists and I will be able to complete my profile on Upwork website.

Thank you for your immediate reply...

Uma S

Uma S

Hi Uma,

I checked and it seems that your country is already set to India. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? If the issue persists with showing a different country, kindly send me a PM with the screenshot so that I can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mirjamekstrom_
Community Member

I'm trying to sign up to Upwork but it seems I can't change the country from United states when I'm adding my location. I am based in Dunedin, New Zealand. 

Many thanks! 

Mirjam

Hi Mirjam, 

It looks like your country is set to New Zealand. Were you looking to update it?

~ Avery
Upwork

I’m sorry but it’s still not working. I cannot change the country from The United States. Am I doing something wrong?

Okay, it is working now. Thanks!
717c4241
Community Member

Hi, I'm from Indonesia and I've encountered a problem when trying to fill out the location section of my profile. The location seems to have been locked down as "United States" and I am unable to change it to Indonesia. This prevents me from inputing correct informationa and I am afraid that this might hinder me from finding jobs suitable for myself.

Attached is a screenshot of the issue showing that the country block has been greyed out.

Thank you in advance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer, 

I checked your account and can see that the country is set to Indonesia. Could you please try clearing your cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
carrolllisa
Community Member

I signed up for upwork in Germany where I am located currently but there was no option but to choose a USA address. Can this be changed to my current location Germany?

Hi Lisa, 

It looks like your profile's country has already been updated to Germany. Let us know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
katie_cul
Community Member

Hi Team,

I would like to change my location to Australia but your system wont allow me to change from UK.

Please can you assist?

Katie

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katie, 

I have updated your country from the UK to Australia as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
zoeflynn
Community Member

Hello, 

I set up my account while living in the US but did not complete my profile. Now I live in the UK and wish to use Upwork again. Please can you help update my Country to UK?

Thank you

Hi, I would like some help please, I need to change my country from USA to the UK and unable to complete my profile until this is done, I asked above already but nobody got back to me.

Thank you

Hi Zoe,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much!

iain0
Community Member

Hi there. I'm trying to enter a phone contact number, however system is formatted 0044 prefix. We use 00353 prefix. How do I change this ?

Many thanks

Iain

Iain Gilmore
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iain,

Looks like this is caused by the Country selected in your application form. Could you please update your Country to reflect your current location and initiate your phone verification process again?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
soofydraws
Community Member

Upwork won’t let me change my country in profile sign up. I am located in Pakistan.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Safwan, 

It looks like this has already been resolved. Let us know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

No it has not been resolved. Really wish it wasn’t this difficult to sign up for this site.

I had filled out my entire profile and now everything I entered is gone because I got stuck on the location page. Even though I kept saving everything.

The location is still stuck on United States and now I have to refill my entire profile.

I wish Upwork would hire one of its many users to develop a better sign up experience. This seems to be a recurring issue for multiple users.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths