🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't Change Country Location
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Safwan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cjerney
Community Member

I live in the UK, but I am a US citizen living abroad. Now it won't let me fill out my tax information since I used my UK address - how can I fix this? The system won't let me change my address. Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cristina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
agalatin
Community Member

I didn't finish my profile. My country is set to the UK but I live in Russia. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksey,

Your Country was updated to Russia. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Greetings, i also cannot change my location in the create profile menu. I live in Indonesia.

Hi Esa Difny Nanda,

I checked your account, and it looks like your country has already been updated to Indonesia. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3a041676
Community Member

Hi,

I accidentally put that I was based in Sydney but I am based in Barcelona, Spain. How can I change that?

Thank you,

Anna

Hi Anna,

I checked and it seems that your country is already set to Spain.  Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
oanalex
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. Cannot change country from US to France.

Hi Oana,

I checked your account, and it looks like your country has already been updated to France. Please let us know if need any assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rhiannonmay
Community Member

I would like to register as a freelancer currently living in South Korea, however I cannot seem to change the country location when I try to make a profile. It simply shows 'US'. Very frustrating as I have several times made a complete profile, only to lose all information when I cannot input my address! Any assistance appreciated, as there are several Korea-based positions I would like to apply for. Thank you.

Hi Rhiannon, 

Is it still showing as U.S. on your end? Could you please try clearing your cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
red2awn
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. Cannot change my country from the UK to Hong Kong.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tommy and Meenal,

Your account locations are now updated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
meenalnj
Community Member

I had signed up for Upwork a while ago when I was in US. I moved to India after that and finally decided to complete my profile. But it is not allowing me to use India as my country hence I am unable to verify my profile. How can I fix that?

andrey-mikhajlov
Community Member

I chose this location (US) by mistake. Currently i live in Russia and i want to choose other location.

Please tell me what should i do.

Thanks!

Hi Andrey,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I am based in Sydney Australia, however, when trying to fill out my profile, it shows that I am in the United States and  therefore I cannot complete my profile. Can someone please fix this for me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
pichaya-huanarom
Community Member

I can't chage country from Usa to Thailand (My cpuntry) while I'm registering too.

please help me solving this problem.

thank you

Hi Pichaya, 

I have updated your country from the U.S. to Thailand as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
6503a10b
Community Member

Hi there, 

When creating a profile, I can't select a different country in Location besides the US. I live in Bulgaria. 

Hi Nina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with updating your location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kpollitz
Community Member

I am trying to edit my contact information in my profile but am unable to change the country. I am a U.S. citizen but I'm living in the Netherlands and need to change the locaiton so I can verify my profile. Can someone help with this?

Hi Krystal,

Your country s now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address at any time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can not change my location. I am from Venezuela. Thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hector,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
beefed72
Community Member

Hello,

I also made the mistake of not switching my country to the United States before attempting to register my profile. I would like it changed to United States if possible.

Thank you

clarry2020
Community Member

I am in the process of setting up my profile. I am Irish but live in UK and mistakenly chose Ireland as my location. I need to change it to England but I don't seem to be able to. Any advice?

Hi Claire,

Your country is updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, but alas, I have another problem!

I live and work in the UK but have an Irish passport. The verification process requests that I upload identification but I do not hold a driver's license.  As an Irish citisen, (even after Brexit), I hold the right to live and work here.  

I am eager to get going and have seen some jobs I'd like to send proposals for. How can I fix this? I did try to upload my Irish passport on the off - chance, but no luck

Help!

Thanks,

Claire

Hi Claire,

Thank you for the additional details. Our team will reach out to you on your ticket with additional instructions on how to complete your verification process. 

~ Goran
Upwork
susanlizeth
Community Member

I am trying to finish signing up. It seems I logged into upwork when I was traveling and now I can't change it to the US where I live. Please help

Hi Susan,

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
278b3eaa
Community Member

I chose a wrong country base when I was trying to sign up, thus I can't verify my phone number. Can someone please help? Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ssuyu, 

The team will reach out to you through an email with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
avasangster
Community Member

Hi there - I am trying to apply as a freelancer. Do I have to have a US address to apply? 

I'm English but living in France and I can't change the country from the United States to put my own French  address in. 

Can you help with this?

Thanks 

Ava

Hi Ava, 

I checked your account and can see that the country is already set to France. Let me know if this is not what you are seeing on your end after clearing your cookies or using a different browser so that I can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sathishv2606
Community Member

hi Team,

While travelling to India i have signup with upwork. But unfortunate my upwork location is showing as US location which i need to change. Can you please help me to change my location to India so that i can able to update all the profile details.

Thanks

Sathish.V

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths