🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Register as Canadian freelancer
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Sathish,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4caf9a1e
Community Member

I submitted the wrong country by accident when I was creating the account. Can a moderator change it back to Australia for me? Thank you.

Hi Miles,

Your country is now updated, if you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
enny_writer
Community Member

Could you help me change my country to Nigeria? Thanks in advance

Hi Oluwagbemi,

Your Country was already changed. Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

After refreshing to see if the country has been changed, it takes me back to the first page deleting everything I'd done

The country is still in United States, after refreshing.

Hi Oluwagbemi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with completing your application form. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
danielperez224
Community Member

Hi, Upwork community,

I am glad to be a member of community and hope you to resolve my issue ASAP.

Today I tried to register on Upwork. 

In creating profile, I couldn't select my country because it was already selected as United State and it was disabled to change.

I am from Russia and I need to select as Russia.

Please help me with this problem.

Hi Daniel,

I checked this for you and it looks like your Country was already changed to Russia. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

The country is still set as United State.

69157a84
Community Member

Hullo, im in a bit of a predicament. Im an american living in italy. i started the signing up process here at upwork, and select the US as my country because at first i thought that was gonna influence my language&job offers. Then turns out I need an american phone to verify, which I do not have (ive got an italian number, but upwork wont let me change the prefix from +1 to +39), as I live in italy. So i tried to go back and change my country, but it wont let me go back that far. So now im stuck in this sort of limbo, I cant go back nor complete the process. I cant even close my profile (i followed all ur guidelines) to create a new one start from scratch, because im not technically a user yet, so i cant access settings. Hope some support agent can help me out. Thanks.

Sam.

Hi Samuel, and Daniel,

Samuel, I updated your country to Italy. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Daniel, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am filling out my profile for approval and I cannot change the country to enter my address, it is set only to USA. I am currently in Spain.

Thanks,

Casandra

Hi Casandra, 

I checked your account, and it looks like your country is set to Spain. You may continue adding the rest of your profile. If you need any assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I tried again and It is not changed. When I get to the Location, it only shows United States.

It is quite frustrating because I have to fill in all the way to that point, and then I know I cannot do it, so I have to go all over again.

Would you help me, please?

Thanks,

Casandra

Hi Casandra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
213f4fc6
Community Member

Im new here as a freelancer in Upwork. I am setting it up and now im in the location section. It's not letting me to change the country to philippines. All it has is just USA and it is grayed out. Hope you can help me. Thanks

Hi Rammel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that your country is already set to the Philippines. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let us know if the problem persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mliconsulting
Community Member

I am trying to set up an account but the address section defaults to the US.Help please.

Hi Mary,

I checked your account, and it looks like it is already set to Canada. You may continue adding the rest of your profile. If you need any assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

I have moved to Canada. Kindly change my country accordingly.

Regards

Siddhant M wrote:

Hi Upwork Team,

I have moved to Canada. Kindly change my country accordingly.

Regards

Toronto is in Ohio.

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 2.46.18 PM.png

Preston H wrote:

Toronto is in Ohio.

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 2.46.18 PM.png

Yes, except that, that particular freelancer said he'd moved to Canada, which appears to have changed its hours to suit the FL.

And I forgot to add that he also stole his profile from someone on LinkedIn.  

Hi Siddhant,

I checked your account, and it seems like the team has already reached out to you requesting that you complete the ID verification process. Please follow the steps they shared with you so that you can complete this step. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
80fbb807
Community Member

Hi!

I am creating my profile and in "step 9 - Location", the button to choose the country does not allow changing to my country of residence, Portugal. 

How should I proceed?

Thank you,
Cláudia Moreira

Please clean your browser cache then try it.

Joynul
80fbb807
Community Member

Hi!

I was creating my profile and inside location i was unable to change to my country, Portugal.

Thank you,

Cláudia Moreira

Hi Claudia,

I checked your account, I can confirm that your country is already set to Portugal. You may now continue adding the rest of your profile. Let us know if you need further help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
80fbb807
Community Member

Thank you! Problem solved!
80fbb807
Community Member

Thank you! Problem solved!

juanpablo2691
Community Member

Hi, I can't change my country from the USA to Argentina, can you help me with that?

Hi Juan, 

A member of our team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f3440133
Community Member

Hi Community, 

I have recently signed up with Upwork and I realised that I can not change the country bymyself. I was in Malaysia when I signed it ip and now in Singapore. But the country is unreviseble. Could you please help?

Thanks.

Wendy

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wendy, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hemiro
Community Member

Hi, I can not change the country from USA to Venezuela. I reported the issue few days ago. Please help me.

Regards.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hector,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hemiro
Community Member

Yes, I erased cookies, then, changed from Chrome to Firefox. Now I am trying from another laptop to complete the registration, and I still have the same issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists, Hector. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths