🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How do I change the country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
hemiro
Community Member

Thanks a lot. I will wait for the solution.

Regards!

I also have the same issue. I want my country to be set as Pakistan, right now it is United Kingdom.

Hi Faisal,

Your country is now is updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran

Hi 

I have the same issue, my country is Belarus, but US is selected.

How can I solve it?

Alex

Hi Aleksandr,

Your country is now updated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem. My country is set to the US but I need it set to China.

Thanks

thomas-deshayes
Community Member

Hello, I have just created my Upwork account except that I made a mistake in the starting address. I am in the United States for the holidays but I live in France. I am at the stage of creating my profile where I must fill in all the information concerning me.
At the address step, the country is blocked on "USA", I cannot put "France"
For my phone number, it puts me "+1" when I should put "+33", I don't know what to do?

Hi Thomas, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
skmacdonald
Community Member

I started my UpWork profile while living in the UK, and have since moved back to the United States. My profile still says in in the UK, and I'm unable to change it. How can I update my location before submitting my profile for review? Thanks.

Hi Sierra,

Your country has been updated to the United States. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,  I have the same problem while setting up my profile: my country is set to Italy even though I'm based in London, UK. 

Can you help me? 

Thanks

Hi Matteo,

Your country has been updated to the UK. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
df894948
Community Member

Can you please change my country to United Kingdom?

It is saying "UAE" when I am creating the upwork profile.

Thanks.

Hi Joe,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
diaxborbely
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork while I was living in the UK but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to UK but I now live in Hungary. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Diana,

Your country has been updated to Hungary. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ant_worldwide
Community Member

Hi there

I'm not able to change the country from USA to Ukraine. Can you help me with that?

Hi Yuliia,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I'm Shaikh, I acciedently selected the wrong country ( United Kingdom ) while creating my account and i cant seem to update and complete the signup process. Can you please help me update it to India?

Your help will be appreciated. 

Thanks

Mr Shaikh

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suleman,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan, it worked.

Unfortunately now i keep getting emails for al new messages on this thread and its getting kind of spammy. Please delete my post as i am unable to doe the same from my dash. Or please mention a way as to i can stop recieving all the pinging from this thread on my mail.

Hope you can help out. Thank You

Hi Suleman,

You can unsubscribe from this thread at any time by going to your Community Profile > Settings > Subscriptions & Bookmarks. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2bfb725c
Community Member

same problem 

can you help me please?

the same problem

hello, there
I'm not able to change the country from United states to Bangladesh.
Can you help me with that?
Sifat
arsefat
Community Member

Hello, there

I'm not able to change the country from United states to Bangladesh without solved this problem i can't sign up on upwork and its so pathetic .

Can you please help me with that?

Sifat

Hi Md,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team has already reached out to you regarding this concern. Please refer to the email they sent you and follow the instructions they shared. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
arsefat
Community Member

Hello, there, excuse me, i have some problems,while i creating my profail on upwork accidently i selected the wrong country United states. my right country is Bangladesh that's why i couldn't signup in upwork its 20/06/2020, l need yourw help i let you know many times but still i can't change the country and complete the signup prosses. its so pathetic for me.if it's not possible then i want to delete my id permanently.

please give a solution. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Sifat
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Md,

~ Goran
Upwork
arsefat
Community Member

I'm so exited while i signup in upwork but when i saw i can't see my profail it's make me disappoint. please can you help me about that its showing:
"Profail not public"
Thanks for helping mind.
Sifat
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md,

Please check this link for the ticket related to your account status or check the last email sent to you by our team which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
71dcf6a2
Community Member

Hi,

Haven’t used up work for a while but on signing in (on various devices) I am directed to update my country, and choosing my country (UK) creates an error.

This happens on three different device / browser combinations, and also when I attempt a new sign up using a different email address.

Can you please have someone update my country to uK - account [redacted] at gmail.com
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

Your country has been updated to the United Kingdom. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
71dcf6a2
Community Member

Thank you
israrhussain217
Community Member

can't find the option on setting for edit location. Bcz i m in a process of profile submission. the setting option didn't show me the edit location option. but when I tried to update my country's location, the gray field don't allow me to do that. could u plz help me regarding this. I want to change my location from the USA to pakistan so that I can confirm my phone and address accordingly .hope u get my point, and get back to me accordingly. Have a good day!

Israr

Hi Israr,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi 

I recently moved to the UK please can you update my country to the United Kingdom

Thanks, 

Marius. 

Hi Marius,

We have updated your Country to the United Kingdom as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
f1ad4039
Community Member

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiiting my applicaion, I  cannot  update the country to Russia I do't know why I didn't complete my registration  till  now . Can you please help me out? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths