🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Wrong country while creating my profile
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Caleb,

At this moment you have two options:

1. Please confirm the country you`re located in and our team will update it. Then you can proceed and fill out your application and submit it for a review when you`re ready.

2. We can close your freelancer profile and you will have access to your client profile only.

Let me know how you would like to proceed and our team will adjust your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I would like to use option 2 please. Thanks, Caleb

Hi Caleb,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sovata
Community Member

Can a moderator please help me out as well? I'm creating a freelance account (username: **Edited for Community Guidelines**), and I need the country set to United Kingdom. I can't find another way to reach out to support. Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nikolay,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

I have the same problem.

Could you please change my country from US to Turkey.

Thanks,

Umut

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Umut,

Your country is updated as well, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
htlimited
Community Member

Hi Team, I also stuck with this problem. I am creating my profile and it is showning my country as UK and not allowing me to change same. I need to set same to India. Please help me as appropriate. Thanks

Hi Sandeep Kumar,

We've updated your country to India, thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have unforutunately created an account in the wrong country thinking it was where I was from, not where I am currently residing. I inputted the United States but I am residing and freelancing in Australia.

It would be great if I could get some help on this, too.

Thank you,

Cameron

Hi Cameron, 

I have updated your country from the U.S. to Australia as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Can a moderator please change my country from United States to Nepal? I am not being able to complete my profile. I will be working from Nepal.

Thanks

Hi Pramit,

Your country has been updated to Nepal as you have requested. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I was setting up my account, and I am an American travelling right now and lost access to my American phone number, so I am unable to get past that point. 

Can someone assist with this to finish setting up my account?

Hi Rachael, 

I'm sorry that we missed replying to your post. I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further.

ETA: Rachael, I'm coming back here to let you know that we will not be able to verify your account through phone verification unless your phone number matches the country listed on your profile.

How long will you be away from the US? If you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling. Let me know if you need your country to be updated to another country so that I can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, I am working in Australia as a freelancer now. Can you change my location to Australia and then I can verify from there? I need to finish setting up my profile and it will not let me.

Hi Rachael, 

Your country has now been updated to Australia as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

My profile is set to Bolivia but it should be Chile. Impossible to enter my phone number.

Can you change this as soon as possible so I can continue creating my profile, please?

Thank you

Nicol

Hi Nicol,

Your country has been updated to Chile as requested. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
3ba8aa63
Community Member

Hi. Same problem. I'm from Brazil.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: On another note, if Upwork wants to hire me to give this a permanent fix I'm up for it 😄

Hi Vinicius,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I updated your country to Brazil as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Well, I have the same issue while creating my profile. Can someone help me and put me under Pakistan. Many thanks in advance. Jimmy

HI Jimmt,

Your Country was updated to Pakistan as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
slimergan
Community Member

I'm just after creating my profile but my country reverted to Anguilla instead of Ireland. This will impact the approval of my profile so can this be changed as I'm not able to due to it being greyed out

Hi Stephen,

Your country has been changed to Ireland from our end.

~Nina
bilalulhasan
Community Member

Hello sir, my country is shown there US by default but i am unable to change . neither i can change nor i can use my local country number so ultimately cant get verified . so please help me

Hi Bilal,

Kindly confirm which country you are located in and would like to have show on your profile and we will further assist you, thank you.

~Nina

Thanks Nina

I am located in Pakistan, but its showing there US.

Hi Bilal,

Your location has been updated, thank you.

~Nina

I am facing similar problem , i live in Italy but country is locked at Pakistan at signup page. 

cohandv
Community Member

Hey by mistake I left the default country as US, and then I can't continue because need to validate my number which has the US prefix so I couldnt finish my signup because can't verify my phone. How can I change it to my real contry (Argentina)?

Thanks!

D

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

We've updated your details and set Argentina as your country. Please only provide accurate information in your profile as required by Upwork ToS. Thanks.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks!

hi David,

i have the same issue with my country. By mistake i have selected US. Will you be able to rechange it.

Thank you.

Regards,

Maneesha

Hi Maneesha,

Please confirm which country you are located in and would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you, thank you.

~Nina

I have the exact same problem. Put US as my country of residence since I live there, but can't verify my phone number since I'm in Argentina and will be here for a few months. Thank you

Hi Sofia,

We ask all users to provide accurate information about their current location. Additionally, users who select US as their location at the registration are asked to verify that information using a U.S. phone number. That process can't be bypassed.

~Nina

Thank you for responding! But does this mean I can't use Upwork until I come back in 7 months? Is there no way to restart my application? I didn't know I had to verify it through my phone and decided to put US because that's where all my bank accounts and cards are from. 

Hello, Nina, 

Can you please please help me too? I have the same issue. The country was automatically selected to Nederlands  and it should be Romania instead.

Hi Arina,

I've just updated your country to Romania, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths