🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Wrong country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rana,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to Russia?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
chris_ryan1033
Community Member

Can you please change my country to India.  I am a US citizen but I am living in India.   Thank you

Hi Chris, 

I have updated your country from US to India as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi 

could you please change my country to Singapore? 

Thanks!

Hi Marlene,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
amyflynn
Community Member

I have recently logged back into my account to finish creating my profile, however the country location is wrong and it would not allow me to edit this. I made the account whilst travelling in Australia but I am now back in the UK. In order to submit my profile I had to select an Australian address so now my info is incorrect, also the currency is in AUD not GBP so that is also now incorrect. I just want to change my account to UK based but I can't figure out how. 

Hi Amy,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 
Your country is now updated and set to the UK, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dina_sretenovic
Community Member

Hello, after I set up my profile I was not able to change my country address. By default is says Italy, but I need to change it to Serbia. I can see it's the common issue here. Thank you in advance.

Hi Dina,

I just checked this for you and it looks like you were able to update your Country. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fdd7b7c8
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I need to change the country where I live in the system but they won't let me. The country is stuck in UK and I am currently in Australia. Help please !

I have the same issue. My country is stuck in US and i would like to change it to Brazil.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Henrique, 

I have updated your country from the U.S. to Brazil. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angelie, 

I have updated your country from the UK to Australia as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
1d9d7e9c
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have the same problem, I cannot change the country of residence.
Can you please change my country from Slovenia to Macedonia?

-Antonij

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antonij,

Your Country was updated to Macedonia as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
carcabelosjuan
Community Member

Hello, I'm creating my profile but it won't let me change from Nicaragua to my current country of residence. Can you help me to change it to Costa Rica? Thanks!

Your country has been updated to Costa Rica, Juan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
460b743a
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  I signed up as UK but live in Vietnam so need to use my Vietnamese address and phone number.  Please could you change my profile to Vietnam.

Thanks

- Ian

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

Your Country was updated to Vietnam as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
katrinahjalasco
Community Member

Hi, I cannot change my country too. I was unaware that I was connected to a US VPN connection when I first created my profile. Now I cannot change it to Philippines, which is my correct country.

Hi Katrinah,

Your country has been updated to the Philippines as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Many thanks Aleksandar!

Hello, would it be possible to change my country to belgium please. Thank you

Hi Elina,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to Belgium?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes please, right now I am in the UK for 2 months but then I'll head back to belgium, and I don't have a UK number (and therefore can't get a verification code)

thank you,
Elina

Hi Elina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
elinameunier
Community Member

Hi, can you please update my country to Belgium. Thank you.

aicblopes
Community Member

I'm trying to create a profile but the country shown is Brazil, instead of UK. How can I change that?

Hi Antonio,

Your country has been updated as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I wanna start working thru your platform but the country of residence is only allowing U.S. Been trying to register with no luck for the past 2 weeks.

I am from Croatia. 

kind regards

Adam

Hi Adam,

I checked your account, and it seems like you have already updated your country to Croatia. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
zyntaxz
Community Member

cant edit my country as well im here now in NZ and cant change the country to NZ

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victor, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I'm checking this with the team. I'll get back to you once I have more information regarding your concern.

ETA: Hi Victor, your country has already been updated to New Zealand as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
hersh-joshipara
Community Member

Hello,

My work history is from USA but currently I reside in India. Can you help me change my location in my profile. As it is asking to verify a mobile number from USA which I do not have currently. Please help.

Hi Hersh,

Your country has been updated to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7464a648
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork but I put up the incorrect location. I unknowingly put the US instead of Kenya, How can I change my country before submitting my profile for review? Or can i please get assistance on that?

Hi Makena,

Your country has been updated to Kenya as requested. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
yslade
Community Member

Hi, please can I have help with changing the country in my profile application. I started filling it out a while ago but now I live in Israel so I need the country changed from UK to Israel. Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yocheved,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
2597013c
Community Member

Hello! I need help with a location problem. I set half of my profile when I was in the US. Now, I'm currently in Malaysia but it still won't let me change my country. Please help me. 

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths