🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Adrienn, 

I have updated your country from New Zealand to U.S. as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bhowmik-jayeeta
Community Member

I cannot seem to update my country and city. Please update it to United States of America and city as San Francisco, CA

Hi Jayeeta, 

I updated your country to United States as requested. Please update your address by going to your Settings > Contact Info page. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

I updated your country to United States as requested.

Why?

Jayeeta B wrote:

I cannot seem to update my country and city. Please update it to United States of America and city as San Francisco, CA

Are you sure you are in San Francisco, California?
With respect to Spain, you should be 9 hours behind, not 2.5 hours ahead.
It's strange.

rickgmz
Community Member

Hi there,

My account country is set to Dom Rep but I need to change it to US, which is where I live. It seems I'm unable to change it by myself.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ricardo,

Your Country was updated to the US. Feel free to continue with completing your application form.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rickgmz
Community Member

Thanks!

tammiezb
Community Member

My country is set to the UK and I cannot change it. I am currently working in Uganda and to receive the verification code I need to put my Ugandan address and phone number. How do I change it? Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tammie,

Your Country is now updated to Uganda! Feel free to proceed with your plication process.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bishwos
Community Member

I moved to USA while creating the application. I cannot change it to USA. Please help

Bishwo

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bishwo,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Bishwo,

I definitely do not understand this.
Why does the country automatically change when requested here?
I am seeing several users who say they are in one place but they are in another.
This is a disaster!
If I can see it, doesn't Upwork see it?

Bishwo is 2.75 hours ahead of me. That is not the USA.

Goran V wrote:

Hi Bishwo,

I am seeing several users who say they are in one place but they are in another.
This is a disaster!

@m_terrazas wrote:

Goran V wrote:

Hi Bishwo,

This is a disaster!

@Maria T

FYI, I am in New York.

Bishwo S wrote:
Goran V wrote:

Hi Bishwo,

This is a disaster!

@m_terrazas wrote:

Goran V wrote:

Hi Bishwo,

This is a disaster!

@Maria T

FYI, I am in New York.

Okay.
When I looked at your profile, the hour was not from NY.

sarbassalim
Community Member

I'm from India but mistakenly chose US as my country while creating profile. I want it changed.

Hi Sarbas,

Your Country was updated to India! Feel free to complete all required fields under your application form and submit it for the review.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi i could'nt complete my registration some time ago and it saved my location as netherlands where as am in Nigeria.

It appears it cant be edited

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Justice,

You Country was updated. Let us know if you need any further assistance! 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
shuhad
Community Member

Hi 

i have moved to stockholm sweden recently. I want to change my location to stockholm please. 

thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sheikh.

Please, clear your cache and cookies and/or try to use a different browser to log in to your account and fill the City field under your location information

If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I'm trying to change my location to Venezuela. Can you help me?

Thank you

Hi Malex, 

I have updated your country from the US to Venezuela. As a gentle reminder, please make sure that you enter an address that represents your true location to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. 

Let me know if I can assist you further with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

I am in Edmonton, Canada but my profile still shows that I am in Dammam. I left Dammam in 2015. Please advise how to fix? Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

You should be able to update your address by going to your Settings page > Contact info, and updating your address from there. If you are unable to do it on your end because of some issue, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
muhammadsarim5
Community Member

Recently i was creating my profile inside location i was unable to change my country

Hi Muhammad,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
beginneur
Community Member

Hey there! I'd like to change my country from the USA to Argentina. It's becoming really frustrating to solve this problem. Thanks in advance!

b10d7f0b
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to UK but I now live in Pakistan. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Jahanzeb,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan as requested. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions or requests.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am on Visiting visa in SriLanka. I am Indian citizen. I will be here for 2 years from now. where should i be paying tax? Should i change my location?

Hi Jyothi,

Since you are going to be away for an extended period, then you should make updates to your account location. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. You may need to consult with a legal advisor about it. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

May you change my country from Ghana to United States?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Always,

Your Country was updated to the United States as per your request. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tmonier
Community Member

Hi, I am an American on a tourist visa in Uganda. Can you change my location to Los Angeles, CA.  That's where I'm from and also my official address.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Toddre,

Please note that your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to the United States?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tmonier
Community Member

Hi,
Yes, please update my country to the US. Los Angeles CA. Thank you in
advance.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Toddre, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Please can you change my country from UK to Pakistan. I am in the middle of making my profile but by mistake put previous country I was in. Thank you

I changed my country from UK to Pakistan in settings. But still whhen I try to complete my profile, the country shows United Kingdom even though I changed in my settings. Please help 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths