🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Anubhavq,

I updated your country to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar 🙂

ratishn
Community Member

Hi I need to change my location to india cant change it in the settings could you please change it?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ratish,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
daisygijsbers
Community Member

Hi, I accidentally signed up entering the wrong country. I am in the create profile section and can’t change my country of residence. This means I can’t finish my profile (or icebound have to use wrong info). I can’t reach the settings menu where you would normally change your address (according to other posts). Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hi Daisy,

Please confirm your current location(country) and I will update it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I accidentally signed up entering Indonesia but it has to be the Netherlands. Thank you.

Thank you for the follow up, Daisy,

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application once you`re ready. 

~ Goran
Upwork
m_zeitoun
Community Member

If you please I can't change my counrty from Egypt to united states - Louisiana

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marwa, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery/UpWork Team

I selected US when I began my profile but I need it to be UK - please could you amend this?

Thanks!

Hi James,

Your country is updated as well, feel free to update your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
martatadic
Community Member

Can you change My country from Croatia to Serbia? Thank you. 

Hi Marta,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi 

I started setting up my profile in UK but i now live in Aus, can you please help me to change my location? additionally my phone number is no longer accessible to verify so i need to my Australian number. 

Hi Tom,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please follow the steps that will be shared with you on the ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, 

I recently moved to Lisbon, Portugal. I used to live in Maputo, Mozambique. How can I change m location?

Hi Priya,

You can follow the detailed steps listed by Nikola on this thread here to update your address.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
kleev777
Community Member

Hey my accounts country is set on United Kingdom but I am currently travelling Cambodia. Could these please be changed?
Thanks!

Hi Kristy-Lee,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there, I'm trying to set up my account from my home country, New Zealand, but I am still travelling Colombia this week. Can my country be updated so I can continue setting my profile please?

Hi Stuart,

I updated your country to New Zealand as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
empirededesigns
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to change my country to India. How do I do that?

Hi Alexander,

Your country has been updated to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kruvimbo
Community Member

I can't change my country as well. When i signed up i didn't know you had to use the country you are in page. I am based in Zimbabwe but it was not reflecting on the list of countries, so i put the closest country Zambia but with my Zimbabwe details. I have been trying to change it but it's not appearing can anyone help??

Hi Ruvimbo,

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you

i am facng the same problem, please help

Hi Tatenda,

Could you please confirm where you are currently located so I can assist you?

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am in ZImbabwe
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tatenda,

Your Country was changed to Zimbabwe. Unfortunately, Upwork isn't able to service certain countries as we aren't able to send payments there. In those cases, the country will not appear in the list when setting a location.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kerinazee
Community Member

thank you very much. Does this mean I cannot join upwork?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tatenda,

Due to payment restrictions, we aren't able to service certain locations and provide freelancers with ways to withdraw their payments.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fformisano
Community Member

Upwork:

My location is locked to the US, but I am an NZ resident.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Francesco, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I haven't received an email. When should I expect one?

Thanks

Hi Francesco, and Fitri,

Francesco, I checked and it seems that our team already reached out to you via this support ticket

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Fitri, your country was already set to Indonesia. If you are experiencing any problems submitting your application, please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
feopm
Community Member

I need to change my country from US to Germany as this is my permanent address
lysis10
Community Member

Frankie O wrote:
I need to change my country from US to Germany as this is my permanent address

Signed up 1-10-2020 and typed in San Jose, CA and moved that quickly.

feopm
Community Member

Was looking for a way to complete the signup so I could change the country. Till I came across this forum and realized others have encountered this problem as well when they select the wrong country at the beginning.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths