🐈
» Forums » Support » Need help! Can't change my country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Wan,

Your country is updated, feel free to update your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sayamood
Community Member

Hey! I can not change my country. I need to change it from US to Kazakhstan. Could you please do it? Thank you!

Hi Saya,

Your country is now updated. Please keep in mind that you will also need to update your profile image and upload an image of yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
maqeelk84
Community Member

Hi 

i have recently created my account on upwork... i used to live in UK recently i moved to PAKISTAN, i mistakenly selected UNITED KINGDOM. i cannot change to pakistan to complete my profile... because my family lives in UK. i have uk phone number too... but right now i am in pakistan if upwork send me a confirmation code i cannot recieve it... kindly suggest me what to do... 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
maqeelk84
Community Member

No one has get back to me. I am still waiting
As I am in Pakistan for few months or may be one year. I don't want customer will get negative approach.
Kindly change my country
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I can see that the team has reached out to you through an email support ticket. You should be able to access it here. Kindly respond to the team through the same ticket thread so that they can assist you further with your account concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
georgepent
Community Member

Hi there!Im trying to fill up my profile and can't change country.I had started to make a profile about a year ago and I was in Germany but I live in Greece now and I can't change it!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George,

Your Country was updated to Greece as per your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
andrea_velasco
Community Member

I have the same issue, I'd like to change from Spain to Germany. When searching for this issue it seems like the only solution is for the upwork team to change it manually - why can't the country be changed by the owner of the profile without having to contact support?

Hi Andrea,

Please note that your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to Germany?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
1543d2c6
Community Member

today i register upwork, but i use wrong country, how i chang country?

as now, i stuck in page https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/baseline/

1543d2c6
Community Member

I can't select my city and i can't change my country. sir please help me.

stuck at https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/baseline/

Hi Ying,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
xialeist
Community Member

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiiting my application, by default my country is selected as Hong Kong and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it ot China but I cannot do it so I just have to submit the appplication with Hong Kong as my country. Can you please help me out? I don't know where and whom should i contact.

Hi Lei,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much.

pamiepamie
Community Member

I have moved to the United States and need my location changed please
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pamela, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team, and I'll come back here once I have more information regarding your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alaizapulido
Community Member

hi! I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiting my application, by default the country selected is United states and it was disabled and can't update. seeking for help on how to enable and change to philippines.

Hi Alaiza, 

I have updated your country from the U.S. to the Philippines as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
plopezromero
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same problem as others in this thread. I signed up for my account when I was located in Curacao  but I am now in Spain. I would like to complete my profile but it does not allow me to change my country.

Hi Patricia,

Your country has been updated to Spain. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
varun-kajaria
Community Member

Hello Everybody,

Can anyone please suggest me a platform where I can intereact with US CPAs.

Thanks ,

Varun.

cvelth
Community Member

I've chosen the value of the country field incorrectly upon the registration and is now unable to either finish creation of my profile (as it asks for a cell phone verification) OR delete the profile to try anew.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John,

Could you please confirm your country location and our team will update it from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ukraine.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for the speed of the resolution. I appreciate it.

nouha18
Community Member

Hello, 

I just started creating my account on upwork as freelancer.

I accidently selected my previous Country of residence (US) as i'm actually get back and living in Tunisia. 

Can you please change it to Tunisia ,so i can move on the account creation and identity vérification ? 

Thanks.

Nouha

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nouha, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
nouha18
Community Member

Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Waiting for your assistance. 

Nouha

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nouha,

Could you please confirm your current location so that our team can update it? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran, 

My Current Location is Tunisia.

Thanks for your help.

Nouha

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nouha,

Your location is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your help Goran. 

All is Good 🙂

Nouha

shoy1011
Community Member

I need to change my country to China, please. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yi,

~ Avery
Upwork
ryansmith24
Community Member

I'm trying to sign up but the location is preset on United States, I'm in New Zealand. How can I change this?

Hi Ryan,

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths