🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
418a19e5
Community Member

I changed my country from UK to India in settings. But still when I try to complete my profile, the country shows United Kingdom even though I changed in my settings.

Hi Shrikant,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
scdann
Community Member

can't change country from uk to croatia

ipdave
Community Member

I live in USA now, but in my profile it is shown "India" as by default. Kindly help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irina and Shaun,

Your Countries were updated as per your requests. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
vikiweber
Community Member

Hey!
I used to live in Argentina, but currently I'm living in Italy.

How I can change my country?

Thanks a lot

Dear Victoria, you need to change your address if you moved to a new country.

Click the gear icon (Settings) in the upper right-hand corner of your screen where your profile picture is shown.

Then, under Contact Info, click "Edit" on the Location section. That will let you change your address and country. Hope this helps!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victoria,

Your Country was updated to Italy as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tom_mcquade
Community Member

Hello, I created my account but didn't change my Country from US to Canada, and at the Location step in creating my profile Upwork requires my full address and there's no way to change the Country entry - why would you disable that? Also, it looks as if all of the data that I entered in my profile has been deleted. Isn't data entered persistent? If not, why not? Why wouldn't you store data entered by your users so that they could retrieve it? Appreciate, if you guide me for the steps so that I can change my country & complete my profile to get started. Thanks!

Hi Tom,

I apologize for the trouble this caused. Your country has been updated to Canada. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
etiennechlala
Community Member

Hello,I started this account in 2017. Back then I was living in the UK. I am now back in Lebanon and I am not able to edit the location section in the account information section. Please advise on how I can change my location to Lebanon. Much appreciated

Hi Etienne,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

I am unable to change my country to India while creating profile.

Thanks,

Pushpinder Singh

Hi Pushpinder,

Your country has been updated to India as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi my location is currently set to Menomonie, Vietnam.  It should either be Menomonie, USA OR Saigon, Vietnam (I live in both).  Additionally I set my time to Hanoi time but the time is displaying incorrectly; it is showing 1 hour earlier than it is here for some reason.

Why can we change everything else on our profiles but not our locations? This awful UI is making me very close to dumping this profile and switching to a different platform like proz.com

reagan54
Community Member

I am a US citizen traveling abroad. My location automatically defaults to the Philippines (my current location) and the Upwork site assumes I am Filipino. For tax purposes, Upwork requires me to fill out a W8-BEN form for non-citizens. I need to change my settings to reflect I am a US citizen and pay required taxes. Please help. 

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
malik_shyamal
Community Member

hi,

in my incompleted profile bymistake country name usa updated , but want to change  country name.

please help me .

Thanaking you,

Shyamal 

Hi Shyamal,

Could you please confirm your current location so that we can assist you further? 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
7ca15dd9
Community Member

I have the same problem. I am unable to change my country. The country is hilighted in grey and no options regarding location is available

Hi Yuk,

Could you please confirm your current location so that we can proceed with updating your country.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
malik_shyamal
Community Member

Hi,

i belongs to india, can you help me,

thanking you,

Shyamal

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks for following up on this. Your country has been updated to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kornnika
Community Member

Hello! I am about to create my profile but I cannot change my country. It is United States by default and the field is disabled. Can anybody help me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kornnika, 

I've changed your country from the US to Thailand as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kornnika
Community Member

Thank you very much!

e86a485b
Community Member

i need to change my country to Oman how can i do it

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Talha, 

It looks like you were able to update your Country. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2bfeb975
Community Member

Hi, I am also having this issue.  I was visiting Thailand and it picked up my country as Thailand. My country should be Australia where I live. Could you change my settings? thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Niamh, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
5a11ddf1
Community Member

I'm trying to register my upwork account. I'm based in China, but the only option available in the location section is USA. How do i change that? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jenia,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to China?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d653b3cf
Community Member

When completing my application I initially set my location as the UK because that is where I am from, but I am living in South Africa currently. I would like to change my location to South Africa before submitting my profile for approval as this is my current permanent address, but the form won't allow me to do this. Please can you help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessie,

Your country has been updated to South Africa. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
edgaroneill
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork . My country is set to Ireland but I now live in the Philippines. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Hi Edgar,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
talentedmrripley
Community Member

I normally work form an EC2 instance on Amazon's AWS. The IP on this VM is in the United States but I am presently in Grenada. Will this be a problem? Will this get me banned?

lol then why does your country location say Palmdale, CA?

When setting up my profile I could not chang ethe country as Upwork detects the country through the IP address of the computer (EC2 on AWS).

Nigel J wrote:

When setting up my profile I could not chang ethe country as Upwork detects the country through the IP address of the computer (EC2 on AWS).

Used a VM with a US IP and forgot about verification, huh?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths