🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

I created my personal account while I was still living in the Netherlands and using Upwork with my working account. I now moved back to Portugal, my country of origin, and I'm unable to change this info. I want to use Upwork as a freelancer but can't proceed updating my info since the country is incorrect.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

Hi Pedro,

Your country has been updated to Portugal. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! I have the same issue; could you please update my country to France instead of the UK? Thank you!

Hi Agathe,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Nina,

I have same issue as well. I created my account when i was in U.S, now i moved to Azerbaijan. Upwork directs me to create your expertise everytime i try to change my location. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suleyman,

Your country has been updated to Azerbaijan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Nina,

Could you help me with my country as well? 

I am currently living in Shanghai, China. 

The country blank is greyed out in my profile setting. 

Sincerely,

Heyi Wang 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heyi, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aeyhw2
Community Member

Thank you. I will be waiting.

Thank you for updating the country, please can you update the city to Bauang (instead of Dublin). Also, can you confirm my residence is set to the Philippines so that i pay the appropriate taxes as this is where i reside. Thank you. 

Hi Edgar, 

You should be able to update the address on your account by going to your Settings page, and clicking on "Contact Info." Please let us know if you need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,this is Auden.

I have the same issue. Could you help me correct the country in the profile? I signed up an account with the email address: **edited for Community Guidelines**. I would like to change the country from Netherland to China before submitting the profile.

Best regards,

Auden

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Auden, 

The team will follow up with you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
auden_t
Community Member

Hi, I corrected the issue in the contact info of the settings section. Is
that enough?

Thank you.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Auden, 

As previously mentioned, the team will reach out to you through an email with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Nina,

I am having a similar issue to a few others on this thread, and I see that you have been able to be of assistance to them, and I wonder if I might be able to ask for your help, as well. My country is listed as Mexico, however I am currently living in the Czech Republic. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Sean

Hi Sean,

Your country has been updated to the Czech Republic. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem. I've selected the United States as my country 'cause I misunderstand and now I can't change it for the right information. I'd like to change it to Brazil. How can I solve it?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renee, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I would like to change my location to Kenya where I am based before I submit my profile for review.

Hi Professor,

Your country is now updated. Please keep in mind that your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am unable to change the country of residence to Australia from United Kingdom in my profile creation.

Syed Abbas Ali

Hi Abbas, and Grace,

Both of your countries are now updated. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiiting my applicaion, by default my country is selected as United Kingdom and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it to Canada but I cannot do it so. Can you please help me out? I don't know where and whom should i contact.

Purnima Singh Luhach

Hi guys, 

I need to update my profile, and I can't change the country of residence to US. I am living in US now. Can you please change it?

Thanks,

Oli

Hi Olivera,

Your country has been updated to the United States as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello. 

I can not change my country to Germany, It is like disabled now. Could you please give me a hint how to do that? Thank you.

Hello i can't change my country to algeria

I am having the same problem. Plz change my country from UK to Pakistan.

Hi Arslan,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jzfk
Community Member

Hi,

Can´t change my country from UK to Spain.

Regards,

Jawwad

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi J,

Your Country was updated as per your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Nina,

I am Abhishek (**Edited for community guidelines**), I am also not able to change my Country, can you please set it to India.

Thanks !

Abhishek

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhishek,

Your Country was updated as per your request to India.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I just signed up in upwork and forgot to change the country from u.s to Armenia! and now I can not do it at all! what should I do?

Aram
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aram,

Your Country was updated to Armenia as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I am trying to create a profile. The profile form auto fills my location to Bangladesh. However, my present residence is in USA. Would appreciate help.

Hi Maisha,

Your country was updated as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Good afternoon, there was a problem. When registering an account, I accidentally chose the country USA, but I live in Ukraine.And when filling out the profile, you can’t change it. What to do?

Hi Nick,

I updated your country as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths