🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Unable to change country and verify addre...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Thank you!

kookedith
Community Member

Hi, I made my account in Upwork today and got trouble selection my country in profile section. It is fixed as Andorra but I'm in South Korea. I just finished up the profile to leaving the country as it is to get out of the page. Then I tried to correct it from my page afterward but found that it's not working. Please help me to change the location.

I solved it right after I post it.. Go to notifications and you can change it.

thruwindow
Community Member

I am unable to change the country of residence from South Korea to United States in my profile.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aehyun,

Your Country was updated as per your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2ceab539
Community Member

I initially began creating my profile while living in Germany, but now I live in the US.  I cannot change my country from Germany to the US before submitting my profile for review.  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
clyneb
Community Member

Hi there, 
Same problem here. I would like to set up my country as Australia. Can you please help me? 
Thank you. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Celine,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you! 

fdpetric
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team, I am from Czech Republic but living in Spain. Can you guys change my "country location" please? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Filip-Daniel,

Your Country was updated as per your request. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c685cbc3
Community Member

Hello, I have issue while registering, I'm resident of Russia, but in my profile I have anderss and phone number avalible only for USA. I can't change it nowhere, can you help me please?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Iskander,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, another problem.

Now my phone is in status - verified, but it is not true, my real number starts with +790... but in profile I have +1790...

Can you unverfy my phone please or verify correct number?

Hi Iskander,

Could you please try entering your phone number again and let me know if you`re experiencing any problems with this? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
davit-mkrtchyan
Community Member

Hey there! 

I cant complete my profile, the area for selecting the country is greyed out and shows US, I also cannot type in my address. I have tried from multiple browsers and devices but i still have the same issue!

How do i fix that?

Thank you!

Hi Davit,

Please confirm your location so that our team can update your country, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for reaching out Goran! 

My current location is Armenia, Yerevan.

Thank you for the confirmation, Davit,

Your country is now updated. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much Goran! 

kvirikashvili-ni
Community Member

Hello,

I created my account when I was living in Oslo, Norway. Now I live in Georgia(the country) but I am unable to change the country on my profile. I would be grateful if you could help me with this issue.

Thank you 

Hi Nino,

Your country is updated as well. If further help is needed, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
saposnjikov
Community Member

Thanks for the info.

But, it seems that I am still strugling with some issues. I just wanted to edit my profile ( including changing the country I live in ) and seems to be impossible.

My profile remembered and " glued"  Malta  as my residing country to my basic information. I just cannot change it.

Also, I deleted my profile earlier , made a new account but Malta is popping up again...

Can anyone help, please?

Thank you in advance

Maja

Hi Maja,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Also, please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Make sure to close your old account in order not to violate Upwork's ToS!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
patelkish1
Community Member

Hi there,

I am in the process of signing up and when trying to add address details, country is defaulting to Albania, I am from NZ but dont have the ability to update this.

any ideas?

Hi Kishan,

Your country has been updated to New Zealand. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mashal2281994
Community Member

Hey I need soe help regarding my country location from US to Pakistan. 

Despite of changing my country to Paksitan in settings, I am unable to change my country location as the only option that appears is US.

M.S

Hi Mashal,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hamzasarah
Community Member

Hi, i want to change my country to Canada since i am living here but the default is set to Pakistan. I am not able to edit that. Please help.

Hi Sarah,

Your country has been updated to Canada as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
derbyshire_grace
Community Member

Hello, 

I also need to change my country as well- now to France. Thank you!

Hi Upwork,

I am unable to change my country . I am residing in India can you please update my country from USA to India. Thank you.

Apologize for posting this twice. 

Regards,

Atmajit

678157be
Community Member

Hi, I'm in the process of creating an Upwork account and am stuck at 'Location'. It's listing me in the UK when I've recently moved to Bulgaria and the drop-down menu for Country doesn't work. Any advice would be appreciated!
Clara 

Hi Clara,

Your country is updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sblair-uw
Community Member

I created my UpWork profile some time ago and life got in the way of me using it to find work assignments. So, I recently got an email notification that my profile had been set to private due to lack of use (which is fair enough). So, I wanted to update and reactivate my profile but...

...in the meantime, I have relocated to Germany. I could not find any way to change my location information to my permanent address in Germany from the US address I had initially entered.

Can anyone in the community help me get this corrected? I tried to find a way to directly contact UpWork support to get some help but that does not seem possible.

Hi Scott,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
danielreich
Community Member

I'm trying to create my Upwork freelancer account, the one that asks for education, work experience, fees, etc. 

My problem is that in the Location part, I can't change the country from the United States. It's making it impossible for me to finish setting up, as you need to have filled in all data to be able to submit it. 

Can anyone help me out?

Daniel Reichfeld

Hi Daniel,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'd like the country to be Colombia. 

Also, the phone number area code is +1 right now, would it change to +57 according to the location?

Daniel Reichfeld
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths