Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country Change

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2871 of 3,294

Hi Soma,

Thanks for following up. We won't be able to advise you regarding your visa type and a permit to work in the US. You may want to discuss that with a legal adviser. Generally, the location on the freelancer's profile needs to reflect the user's actual physical location.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Soma S Member Since: Mar 20, 2020
2872 of 3,294
Can you set my country to Hungary then please?
Highlighted
Oleh C Member Since: Apr 1, 2020
2873 of 3,294

I would like to change the country in my profile in order to proceed with creation of a profile before submitting as I when I first wanted to create a profile I was in the UK, but now I am in Ukraine. And it doesn't allow me to proceed as the address cannot be filled out correctly. Would you please assist me with this or change it for me as I do not have this option. Thank you!

Best regards

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2874 of 3,294

Hi Oleh and Purnima,

Your country setting has been updated as you requested. Please, go ahead and complete the rest of your profiles before submitting them for a review. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Saranya M Member Since: Apr 1, 2020
2875 of 3,294

I have the same issue. I signed up for Upwork in India and I am not able to update it to Canada before I complete my profile. Kindly help me out.

Highlighted
2876 of 3,294

Hi Saranya,

Your country has been updated to Canada as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ruaridh D Member Since: Apr 1, 2020
2877 of 3,294
Spoiler
I'm trying to set up an account as a freelancer, but my country is defaulting to the UK, even though I'm based in New Zealand. As a result, it needs a UK mobile number to verify the account, and I can't provide one. I can't see any way to change my country in the profile either - in the address page it's greyed out - help?
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2878 of 3,294

Hi Ruaridh, 

I have updated your country from UK to New Zealand as requested. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Gleb V Member Since: Apr 2, 2020
2879 of 3,294

I made a mistake while editing my profile . My country is set to United states but, i am in Russia. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How can i change my ountry before verifying my account?

Highlighted
2880 of 3,294

Hi Gleb, Safura, and Yasser,

Your countries have already been updated to the requested ones. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS