🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Country changed
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Elizabeth,

I would just like to confirm, are you referring to changing your country?

~ Joanne
Upwork
5e189b29
Community Member

No, I would like to change my local address.

Hi Elizabeth,

To change your address, please log into your account and go to Settings> Contact Info> Location. It looks like Valeria has already provided you the steps on a similar question you posted here. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
chudasmagautam
Community Member

I need to change my country!!, i signed up when i was in india, now i am USA and i cant change please help

Hi Gautam,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks. I hope you can take action asap.

Awaiting your reply

Hello,

Did not getting any response 

Awaiting your reply

Thanks

Hi Gautam, 

It looks like your country has already been updated to India. If there is anything else our team can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Yes, it has been updated to india i want to changed US location can you please changed from india to US because i mistakenly taken india location

Please take action asap

Thanks.

Hi Gautam,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
manasi94d
Community Member

Unable to change my country from USA to India. Please help!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manasi,

Your Country was successfully updated to India.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kevin_nathaniel
Community Member

I mistakenly input my location to UK while all my adress and number is in Indonesia.

Please help to change because I can’t open setting. Need to confirm with phone number first before that

Hi Kevin,

Your Country was updated to Indonesia as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Can you please change my country from USA to India? Thank You!

Hi Shreedhar, 

As Bojan has noted on your post here, please know that your country has already been updated to India as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
248cafc6
Community Member

I currently live on the USA but it locks me to Brazil.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renan, 

A member of the team has reached out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
winnieshwe
Community Member

I am trying to build my profile and the location and area code is auto set to the UK . I am from the US and I cant verify my account because I can't enter my phone no. Please help,

Hi Win,

~ Goran
Upwork
ff617e52
Community Member

I didn't know I had to sign up  country specifically and now I need to change it to Canada, but can't. Can someone please assist so that I can get my profile setup correctly ASAP.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

Your Country was updated to Canada as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
0b4e4568
Community Member

Hi. Is impossible to change my location, and i can not go to my settigs. Is asking me a Phone number from the US and i am currently in Colombia.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isaac, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sugandha-agarwal
Community Member

Hi, I am not able to update my country while creating my Profile. It takes United Kingdom as default but i will be working from India. Please Help.

Hi Sugandha,

~ Goran
Upwork
janisbrix
Community Member

I am a UK resident, my company has been located here for almost 4 years and we pay taxes here. I have been living in the UK for some 7 years. As the business is based here - I'd like the option to bid for UK contracts. I am not originally British though.

Can you verify us as a UK supplier on Upwork? You can check our company's details and find my name as a resident on CompaniesHouse.

Thanks

Hi Janis,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f2d4cb06
Community Member

Hello, I am in the profile creation flow and I chose the wrong country. My market will be the UK but I reside in Hungary and am unable to complete my profile until I can change my country to be Hungary.

Can someone help?

Thank you,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

shekharp1
Community Member

Dear Team

Please update my profile country as I am filling my profile from India however country appears as Saint Helena 

My profile ID **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shekhar,

~ Goran
Upwork
davidmihalovits
Community Member

Hi!

I would like to change my country to Thailand (from Hungary). I am currently residing in Thailand and I would like to freelance from here. I cannot change it by myself so I am posting this message here... 🙂

Thank you!

Have a good day.

Hi David,

Your country has been updated to Thailand as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for the quick update! Appreciate it.

e6ddd504
Community Member

My location defaulted on USA and I live in Saudi Arabia now i can't complete my profile. Please help!

Hi Mariam,

Your country has been updated to Saudi Arabia. You may now continue adding the rest of your profile details. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
8629d3c8
Community Member

I have the same issue, I can't change my country, I'm from Indonesia, can someone please help me? Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths