🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Pakistan
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kashish,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ee8759df
Community Member

The default country is US, and default phone nation code is +1. So I cant get sms verification code.

I am in China and my phone nation code is +86.

Hi Page,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you @Goran

Hi Goran,

Sorry to interrupt. Once I registered my info in account, it prompted below many times and stuck. Could you help to check? Thanks 

https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/baseline/

Ella

Hi Ran,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, please share the text of the error you`re receiving. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Log in "www.upwork.com/", Selected "Log in " or "Sign up" it stucks at "https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/baseline/" all the time even after I cleared cache. Thanks 

Ran

Hi Ran,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
andersonle
Community Member

Hi, I am currently creating my profile for upwork. I'm from the UK but currently live in Indonesia. I selected UK as my location since I don't plan to live in Indonesia in the long term. But now I'm being asked to verify my location with a UK number, which I don't have. Can I change my location to Indonesia so I can use my Indonesian phone number?

Hi Lauren,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fredericosantos
Community Member

Hello, I had a problem during my registration process. My address is set to US, but I am currently living in Brazil. That way, I cannot finish my registration because I cannot set my correct address in the profile editing page. Can someone help me with that?

**Edited for community guidelines**     

Hi Frederico,

Your country has been updated to Brazil. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
29d20cd2
Community Member

Can I change my country to italy?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Giovanni,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to Italy?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sjeglum
Community Member

Hello. I trying to sign up for an account, but I need to change my location from the UK to the US. Is it possible to update it for me? I must have originally logged in while I lived in the UK, but I recently moved back to the US. Thank you.

Hi Sandy, 

Your country has been updated to US. You may now continue adding the rest of your profile details. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sjeglum
Community Member

Thank you!

camiussav
Community Member

I created my Upwork profile long ago while traveling to the USA, now I'm in my home country trying to change my profile to Colombia but I can't change it, so I cannot continue with the creation of my profile. 

Hi Camila,

Your country has been updated to Colombia. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
meganfraser8
Community Member

I am setting up my account after having half set it up previously in another country. I can’t seem to change to country to my current place of residence. Please can someone advise me on how to do this?

Hi Megan,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
maelune
Community Member

Hi, I would like to change my country from USA to Singapore as I am unable to do it as I am stuck at creating a profile page.

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mathilda,

Your Country was updated as per your request, thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hyl3rid
Community Member

I need help changing the country from united states to costa rica. can you please help?

Hi Clifford,

Your country has been updated to Costa Rica. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
e6c7580e
Community Member

Hi I don't see the option to change my country from United Kingdom to Ukraine . 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Walter,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m trying to submit the application but I currently reside in Taiwan. I’m unable to change the country from United States to Taiwan. Can someone assist me?

Thank you

Hi Jennifer,

Your country has been updated to Taiwan. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
macion_renelda
Community Member

Hi,

Can't change my country, it's automatically in United Kingdom but I'm from Philippines. My profile is not approved yet because I just created it and can't move on due to this issue.

Please help.

Hi Renelda,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
yashant
Community Member

While trying to register, the country field is grayed out. 
I cannot seem to change it to Nepal. It is currently set to "United States". 
Please Help.

enommgmt
Community Member

I'm a freelancer setting up my Upwork account and I'm on the 'location' step. The country reads 'Netherlands' but I'm based in the United States and I can't seem to change it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Temperance,

Your country was updated as per your request to the United States.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kaps16
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am creating an account as a freelancer and am updating my profile for the same. by default, my country is filled as the United States. I want it to change to India but it's not editable. I went to the Settings page but that is taking me to the Login page which again taking me to the Create Profile page where I cannot change my country. It's a loop. 

Please help!

Best,

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Your country has been updated to India as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dana_awachi
Community Member

Hey - I can't seem to change my location from UAE to Bahrain. I moved before completing my registration and now the option is greyed out. Could someone help with that please?

Hi Dana,

Your country has been updated to Bahrain as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
juliadamato
Community Member

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiiting my applicaion, by default my country is selected as Anguilla and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it ot Brazil but I cannot do it so I just have to submit the appplication with Anguilla as my country.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths