🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

I have the same problem, I cannot change anything and consequently properly ending the enrollment process, can anyone help me changing country or name? Otherwise please remove my account so I can try again.

But I have to say that this process is everything but unatended, aweful experience and I just have started. Really bad guys sorry, I don't know hw do you want to maintain a community like this, only bringing stoppers and asking for plenty of personal information just for joining the platform.

Sandwich C wrote:

I have the same problem, I cannot change anything and consequently properly ending the enrollment process, can anyone help me changing country or name? Otherwise please remove my account so I can try again.

But I have to say that this process is everything but unatended, aweful experience and I just have started. Really bad guys sorry, I don't know hw do you want to maintain a community like this, only bringing stoppers and asking for plenty of personal information just for joining the platform.

Says the guy with a fake stock image on his profile...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hi there,

Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. 

As a gentle reminder, please know that users whose accounts were closed are not allowed to create new accounts to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i need to change my country of residence from US to India..because the default option is set to US..kindly help me with this

Hi Virusha,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I don't see the option to change my country from United States to Colombia . 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yashant and Andrea,

Your countries were updated as per your requests. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I live in UAE Can you change my country to UAE Thanks

Hi Waqar,

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Will it take some time to update in my profile? 

Hi Waqar,

Your country is already updated on your profile, feel free to update the rest of your address as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Nina, 

I'm having the same issue with my account being locked to the UK while I've now relocated to Australia. Are you able to please assist?

Thanks

same problome with me ,,, i unable to change my countery Saudi Arabia to Pakistan.

Hi Junaid,

Your country has been updated as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue too. I can not change my country from Colombia to Argentina

Hi Andres,

Your country has been updated to Argentina. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can't change my country to UAE. I don't know why I'm unable to change it 

Hi Hassan and Fatima,

Your countries are now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

While signing up I had not changed my country from default and now it does not show any option to chnage my location. Stuck in signing up
any solution?

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submitting my application, my country is selected as United States by default. I want to update it to India, however, I am unable to do so as the option appears greyed out. I would appreciate it if you could assist me. Thanks!

Hi Atharv,

Your country has been changed to India. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Nina - I am having this same issue. Are you able to help me change my country from UK to USA? Thank you!

My country is set to UK while I live in Pakistan. Please help.

Hi. I'm having trouble with completing my account creation due to Australia being the default country and there was no way for me to change it to Philippines. Is there any other way for me to update it?

Hi Daiane,

Your country is now updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I also can't change my location/country.  It's always set to defaul United States.

I can't change my country from US to Philippines.

Hello, Please can you help me change my country to Nigeria? I don't leave in the US and mistakenly didn't change it before proceeding. 

Hi there,

I updated your country to Nigeria as per your request.

As a gentle reminder, please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

You may also want to check out this help article for more information about agencies.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I am trying to create an account. But unable to change the country from US(which is marked gray) to my country(Russia) in a location page. Could you help? Thanks in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  Antisia,

Your country was updated to Russia as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
antisia
Community Member

Hello.

Thank you, the country is changed now. However, there is another problem now. When I tried to type in my street and city/province, I wasn't able to do it because it's suggests only American address. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Antisia,

Please clear your cache and cookies and then try to add your street address first. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately it didn't work. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Antisia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Nina,

I am also stuck at the country selection stage, the country section is greyed with the USA.

Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Faizan

Hi Faizan,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your fast response, Kindly change it to Pakistan.

Regards,

Faizan

Hi Faizan,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please I have the same issue too. I can not change my country from UK to Egypt to finish my profile 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths