🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: When I was opening the account, I mistake...
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
682b0575
Community Member

My country is set to USA while creating profile and I can't edit it now. I want this to be selected as India. Can any one please help me?

Hi Neha,

Our team will update your country shortly, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kuwrom
Community Member

i created an upwork account while traveling and now that i didnt finish the application, i cant change the initial location

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kibrom,

Please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
66e28f41
Community Member

Hi there,

please, see the screenshot attached. i am unable to update my location properly. it is not letting me update anything neither showing me correct area and state.

second, i am not sur but $20 have been charged from my credit card on 02 June, 2020 and i didnt upgraded my membership.

Help me.

thanks

JZ

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jahanzaib,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to the US?

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the charge you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
63e7a7bc
Community Member

I am setting up my account however my location was set up to the UK but I reside in France, how can I change that?

Hi Ludest, 

Your country is now updated, feel free to continue setting up your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bienvenido-hiyas
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to create my profile for Upwork but I can't change my country from Philippines to Australia. 

Thank you.

Hi Bienvenido,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7eaaa25f
Community Member

Hello Andrea 

I am trying to change my country location from the USA to South Africa, can you help me please?

Greetings

Rouan **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rouan,

Your country has been updated to South Africa. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
esarhan
Community Member

Hi,

I want to change location to USA and verify my ID, any help, please.

Hi Emad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

many thanks for the support, still waiting 🙂

I want to change my country and compelete my profile.
I cant change my country from United States to Pakistan

Hi Tulsi,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Sir,

would you change my country to the USA, and also I want to verify my account.

Hi Emad,

We checked your account, and it looks like our team reached out to you already regarding your request. Please check your ticket number: 28972526 and follow the steps provided. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
arsefat
Community Member

When I was start opening the account,
I mistakenly put the United States in the place of the country, but I want to change it and give it to Bangladesh, this is my country
Sifat
petra_r
Community Member

Md A wrote:
When I was start opening the account,
I mistakenly put the United States in the place of the country, but I want to change it and give it to Bangladesh, this is my country

How do you "mistakenly" set a county half a world away?

Did you also "mistakenly" mix up a photo of your favourite actor with one of yourself?

Hi Md,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I'm also in the registration process, I selected United States and now I see that I should have selected Argentina, which is where I live. I can't find an option to change the country. Help?

Thanks

Hi Diego,

Your country has been updated to Argentina. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7edc9642
Community Member

Thanks Joanne, Now I have to enter my address in the registration process, I see that the country is Argentina but the form only allows me to enter an US address/city/state. It does not accept address in Argentina.

Hi Diego,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
flysparkling
Community Member

Hello, How are you?

While sign-up on the Upwork as a freelancer, I accidentally click the United Kingdom in the country instead of Pakistan which creates a problem for me for further verification i.e., my house, street number, and phone verification. Please tell me and help me that what will I do now? Could you please reset the country for me? Thanks

Hi Faizan,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b_omuraliev
Community Member

My profile country is set to the USA, but I am a citizen of Kyrgyzstan. I tried to set-up my profile, but I am unable to change the country. How can I do it? Tried to change from the profile page, no luck because it redirects me to set-up profile page

Hi Baurzhan,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
belinda_katumba
Community Member

Hello, I was in Uganda while creating my profile and now relocated to Canada. I can't seem to change my country before submitting my profile. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Belinda,

Your country has been updated to Canada as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
anand-bajaj
Community Member

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submitting my application, by default my country is selected as Anguilla and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it to India but I cannot do it so I just have to submit the appplication with Anguilla as my country. Can you please help me out? I don't know where and whom should i contact.

Hi Anand,

Your country is now updated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ecarreno
Community Member

Hello:

The country where I live doesn't exist in the list. I live in Aruba

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Evelyn,

You should be able to locate your country on the list. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lostinway
Community Member

Good evening.
I want to change my country and compelete my profile.

I cant change my country from United States to Russia.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will, 

Your country was updated to Russia as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
flame-media
Community Member

I am unable to change the country of residence to Poland from United States in my profile creation.

Hi Patrick,

Your country is updated as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths