🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't Change Country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
godlovesms
Community Member

Hi How can I choose South Korea as my country on my profile? Country is fixed to US and can't be changed with my ID. I don't know why. (I'm currently in South Korea.)

Hi Minsun,

you will need the support of Upwork support to update it. you may check this link to ensure that

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Creating-profile-unable-to-choose-country-location/td-...

all the best 🙂 

Hi Minsun,

Your country is now updated, thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
sarah_depietro
Community Member

I first signed up for upwork while I was traveling in Indonesia but did not complete my profile. I am American but now live in France, and cannot seem to change my country to the US or France before submitting my application for review.  Can someone please help with this?

Hi Sarah,

Your country has been updated to France. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, please could you update my country to Cambodia?

Many thanks!

Hi Daniel,

Your country has been updated to Cambodia. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
haf1504
Community Member

Hi, I need to change my country from Netherlands to Sydney, Australia. Please help.

Hi Heidi,

Your country has been updated to Australia as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
karinemaca
Community Member

Hello,

I have not been able to work and submit my profile application as I am unable to change my country of residence. I don't live anymore in the UK and I am now based out of the USA.

Thank you for your help,

Karine

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karine,

Your country was updated as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan! Can you please unlock the field of the address as the old address still appears?

Kind regards,

Karine

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karine,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks, looks like it is fixed.
fkeri
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I am trying to finalize my Freelancer account at Upwork but I am running into issues with changing the location information.

My country is set to the US and I am unable to change it to any other country. I tried the Community Bot to figure this out myself, but I could not find any solutions. I currently reside in Croatia and am planning to move to the UK in September. Per my understanding, I should still be able to work for Upwork even if I do not reside within the US. Could anyone help me resolve this issue? Thank you!

Best,

Filip

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your country was updated to Croatia as per your request, Filip.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
fkeri
Community Member

Thanks! The country has indeed been updated to Croatia; however, the webpage still requires me to select a US city and state and won't let me proceed onto the next step of Account Activation. I want to add 'Zagreb' to the City Input Box and select 'Grad Zagreb' as my State/Province but that is just not possible.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Filip,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. I would also recommend adding your street first before going to the City field. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f1873d21
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have the same issue i cant change my Location to Philipppines, it was default selected on US.

did some clear cache but still same issue persist.

location.PNG

Hi Airon,

Your country has been updated to Philippines. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mahdisuleman
Community Member

Hi
i just open an account and i have mistakenly select United States instead of my own country Bangladesh. Now when i am submitting a application... in location option i can't fix it.. what should i do now ?

Hi Mahdi,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My country has chnaged but problem is i can't select the city of my country.

Hi Mahdi,

Are you receiving any errors or experiencing any problems on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes . can't select my own city and State/Province now. It is howing US Citys. I have refresh the page but still faceing this error . See the attachment please

Hi Mahdi,

Please add your street address first and then try to select your city. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

same problem in the street address Too. It is Showing US street address.. If i type it mannually it is still showing this error . See the attachment Please

Its now working. Thank you so much

Hi Mahdi,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address.

Update: Could you please confirm if you`re seeing your correct address on your end now? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Everything is ok now . Thank you

can you please update my country to Germany

Robert and Eros,

Could you please click "Back" button on the profile creation page you're currently at? You should be able to update your country and address. Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

All good. Thank you !
canlasmikee
Community Member

Hi! I was trying to change my country however it was already set in Qatar as I was travelling when I signed up. Right now, I am living in Philippines. How will I change it?

Hi Mikee,

Your country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
deb1aba8
Community Member

Hi, it looks like I mistakenly selected location as the US while signing up and now I am unable to change my Location in profile. I am currently located in Nepal. Thanks for your help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angshu,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Would you like us to update your country to Nepal?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d7fdf6bd
Community Member

I'm still having trouble with updating my account. My country has already been changed but the city options were still for Australia.

Upwork Country Change.jpg

Hi Daiane,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. Then add your street address first before going over to the City field. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I have a client account, with the country set to South Africa. I am trying to create a freelancer account but during the profile creation under 'Location' my country is set to USA and I am unable to change it to South Africa. This also prevents me from giving a South African cell number on the next screen and thus I can't complete the registration.

Appreciate your assistance. 

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths