🐈
» Forums » Support » change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Govan

I am in Johannesburg South Africa, I will be based here for the next 6 months or more

Hi Dianne,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thank you for changing the country, I selected USA on the registration page. There is still a problem (see attachment), it is still picking up USA details for Johannesburg in California and the State/ province is still USA details.

Hi Dianne,

Please clear your cache and cookies, once you`ve logged in again try to add your Street Address first and then your city. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thank you for getting back to me.

I cleared all cookies under settings in Google ( see attachement). I then tried to add my address, but, they also have 9 Vivien in California 🙂 see screenshot. It still states South Africa in Country.

I hope I cleared my cookies and cache in the right place.

Please continue to assist me.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dianne,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with completing your address information.

Thank you for your patience.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
diannemv
Community Member

Thank you, that will be great.

Hi Goran

It states in the message that this query is solved, but, I sent you a message to state that I still have the same issue. It states that the State/Province is in the USA, although the country is South Africa.

Please assist as I am unable to finalise the creation of my profile.

Hi, I'm stuck with my location editing, could you update it to Venezuela?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alejandra,

Your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.  Would you like us to update your country to Venezuela?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
77c8c760
Community Member

Yes, please update my country and location to Venezuela.

Hi Alejandra,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket with more details. You can access your ticket on this Link and follow up directly there with any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
47860d5e
Community Member

Hi,

I just created my Upwork profile. My location country is set up to Finland by default and it doesn't allow me to change my country. I'm in UK and need my country to be charged to UK please. Can anybody help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muzzammil,

Please note that your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.  Would you like us to update your country to the UK?

~ Bojan
Upwork

I signed up for Upwork and my default country is selected to United States. But I live in India. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?
Please help in changing my country to India

Hi Vaibhav,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, County is updated, but the state and street address is not fetching up
automatically for indian states, it is still showing the US states.

Can you please help me to change the address to:

Street: Whitefield
City: Bengaluru
State: Karnataka
Country India

Please help me in this regard and then i will submit my profile for review.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

Please clear your cache and cookies and the story to add your street address before adding your City or State. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I have a probem with setting up my account.

I started filling in my details while I was in the UK, but now live in Finland. Could my location be changed to Finland please.

Hi Juhani,

~ Goran
Upwork
29e27978
Community Member

Hi, My account shows as country the UK, but I am located in Romania. I can't finish the account creation as it is asking me to introduce a phone number from the UK. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marinescu,

Your country was updated to Romania as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7541619e
Community Member

I have the same problem and want to change my country to Germany.

Can someone help, please?

Many thanks!

-C

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christin,

It looks like you were able to update your country to Germany. Please note that your country should reflect the one you're physically located in and be able to verify it.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sophia_martin20
Community Member

I am not able to change the country. It appears US and I can not click on it for change. I am not even living in US. I tried to solve the problem but nothing works.

Hi Scientist,

Could you please confirm your current location (country) so that our team can update it? I would like to remind you that your name needs to be your full legal name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

my country is Tunisia. Thanks a lot for your response.

Scientist S wrote:

my country is Tunisia. Thanks a lot for your response.

You also want to change your name and your photo. Both need to be true and accurate and your photo has to be a photograph of you yourself.

Hi there,

Your country was updated as per your request.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name and profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1e96db42
Community Member

Hello, It seems like a common problem. How do we change the location on the profile page? I have tried changing it in settings but it doesn't work.

Hi R M,

Feel free to confirm your country here and our team will update it from our end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Current location - Germany

Hi R M,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks.

Can you also change the city to Munich?

I don't get the list of German cities.

Hi R M,

Please go to Settings > Contact Info or My Info (depending on your profile) > and you can add your street address and city. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am on 'create profile page' on page 9/10 without any 'setting' option. It cannot see any German city in the drop down list. 

Hi R M,

You`re on the correct window. Please clear your cache and cookies and then add your steer address first. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have tried clearing cache, cookies and history. I also tried using another device to change the city. It still gives me the cities list from my previous country. Can you manually enter Munich for the city?

Hi R M,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
abrinckerhoff
Community Member

Also having the same issues. Country says United States, but I'm living in Portugal. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths