cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Profile shows wrong location

6a026421
James P Member Since: May 4, 2021
3961 of 3,974

My location is Los Angeles, not Czech Republic. Can this be updated? Thanks. 

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3962 of 3,974

Hi James,

Your country has been updated. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
norbert-hc
Norbert H Member Since: May 7, 2021
3963 of 3,974

Hi Bojan,

I have a similar problem. I just opened today my account, but I realized that you dont allow me to change my registered location to Austria. The reason why I put Mexico, is that I am currently in Mexico and looking forward to get some business there. But my current company location is Austria.

Can you do that for me, or do I have to cancel my whole profile and re-start the whole process, which would be of course very inefficent.

Regards

Norbert

tinker_bell3
3964 of 3,974

Hi Norbert,

If you are travelling and are away from your country of residence temporarily,  you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Also, it's recommended that you check with a legal adviser if you need a certain type of visa or a work permit to be able to work on Upwork while travelling.

~ Joanne
Upwork
880052a6
Charly C Member Since: May 15, 2021
3965 of 3,974

I need to change my country of residence but when I select "contact info" on the menu, it immediately sends me to "password & security" and no other options are available.  Advice required please or ADMIN of upwork, please contact me as this is really a simple design tool that you need to adopt as I see it is a problem for a lot of people registered

tinker_bell3
3966 of 3,974

Hi Charly,

I checked your account and it seems like you have not set up your password and security yet. If you have not completed this step, the system will prompt you to do so to access your settings page. Please follow the prompt to set up your password and security. Once done, please try to access your Contact info section again. if you still encounter issues, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ce47dca3
Christopher J Member Since: May 21, 2021
3967 of 3,974
Hi, I created my account in Sierra Leone but unfortunately I came back home to Liberia and is trying to change my upwork profile to Monrovia, Liberia and it not even showing Liberia in the list of countries.
Can someone help me please...
tinker_bell3
3968 of 3,974

Hi Christopher,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
daniel560
Pinku D Member Since: May 28, 2021
3969 of 3,974

i change country so i need change my upwork profile location any one hlep me

tinker_bell3
3970 of 3,974

Hi Pinku,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS