cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Denis P Member Since: Aug 25, 2018
1001 of 3,894

I have choosen US as I was looking for US companies, but on Create Profile page I am asked for my addres and phone confirmation which confused me and not allowing me to change my country. Please help me. I am from UK. Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1002 of 3,894

Hi Denis,

I'm sure if you raise a ticket with Upwork, they will help you straighten things out.

I'm based in the UK, and most of my clients are in the States, so don't worry about being based in the UK. That's the whole point of freelancing, the world is your clientbase. But you need to be honest and say you are based in the UK. Hopefully, Upwork will help you out with this. As it stands, your profile looks bad as you say you are based in the UK and willing to move to the States but your location says States. 

Best wishes,

Louisa

Highlighted
1003 of 3,894

> > Louisa J.: I'm sure if you raise a ticket with Upwork, they will help you straighten things out.

Do you know how to do that? Can't find anything. Thanks. :-)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
1004 of 3,894

You need to give your accurate information and place you live/work and you can't just say I am going to move there and put US in instead of the UK. You can still bid on US jobs or any others, but for non-US freelancers like ourselves there are some jobs we can't see from the US unfortunately. 

Highlighted
1005 of 3,894

Thanks Amanda, Thanks Luisa,

I picked up a random US addres with hope I can change it on my profile page. That's why my addres is US.

But I got stuck :-)

Regards.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1006 of 3,894

Ultimately you lied. Let's not put too fine a point on it.

But rest assured, you're not the only one who lies about their location and then finds themselves caught in the lie.

Highlighted
1007 of 3,894

Hi Petra,

>> Ultimately you lied. Let's not put too fine a point on it.

That's your point. Not mine.

My point is to be able to change my country. Could you or somebody else please help me with that.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1008 of 3,894

Submit a ticket here: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1009 of 3,894

Hi Denis,

I've updated your country. Please continue completing your profile and make sure that you enter accurate information. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
1010 of 3,894

Thank you very much Joanne.

It would be nice if we put some info next to that first location field with explanation that the location is user's current location he/she lives and that user still will be able to search clients from other countries. It will decrease the number of posts like that raised on the forum.

Kind Regards.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS