Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1091 of 3,294

Hi Hannah, 

I have updated your country from USA to Vietnam as requested. You should now be able to update your address in the Contact Info page. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Carly R Member Since: Nov 3, 2019
1092 of 3,294

Hello,

I have the same issue except I am in the UK. It is defaulted to the US but I live in the UK.

Thank you,

Carly

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1093 of 3,294

Hi Carly,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Your country has been updated as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Muditha G Member Since: Mar 29, 2019
1094 of 3,294
When i register the upwork i can't change the country. It always shows only US but I live in Srilanka. I want add my country as Srilanka. Please help me.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1095 of 3,294

Hi Muditha,

I've had your country setting updates. You can continue with completing the rest of your profile.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Emre O Member Since: Mar 31, 2019
1096 of 3,294

I can not change my country neither. I would like to update my country from UK to Austria. Thank you in Advance! Best, Emre

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1097 of 3,294

Hi Mae, and Emre, 

The team will reach out to you directly with more information about your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Denis P Member Since: Aug 25, 2018
1098 of 3,294

I have choosen US as I was looking for US companies, but on Create Profile page I am asked for my addres and phone confirmation which confused me and not allowing me to change my country. Please help me. I am from UK. Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1099 of 3,294

Hi Denis,

I'm sure if you raise a ticket with Upwork, they will help you straighten things out.

I'm based in the UK, and most of my clients are in the States, so don't worry about being based in the UK. That's the whole point of freelancing, the world is your clientbase. But you need to be honest and say you are based in the UK. Hopefully, Upwork will help you out with this. As it stands, your profile looks bad as you say you are based in the UK and willing to move to the States but your location says States. 

Best wishes,

Louisa

Highlighted
Denis P Member Since: Aug 25, 2018
1100 of 3,294

> > Louisa J.: I'm sure if you raise a ticket with Upwork, they will help you straighten things out.

Do you know how to do that? Can't find anything. Thanks. :-)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS