🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Vikram,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

In My profile default location country is USA I am unable to build my profile and change the country Can You please solve this issue so I can set up my profile

Hi Shafiq, and Giusy,

Shafiq, please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Giusy, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I live in Spain. Need to change "country" to Spain, otherwise I'm not able to complete my Upwork profile application. Thanks!

Hi Zenaida,

Your country was updated as per your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi mods,

I'm not sure this is really the correct thread for my question, but this is where the chat bot directed me...

I'm French, but live in Romania, so i set up my location to Romania. Problem is that many clients disregard my profile, as they can't understand that a native speaker may live outside of France.

I would update my location to France, but then the tax information and contact details would be correct.

Is there a way to go around this?

I'd like to have correct tax details (obviously) but not to lose contracts when clients are looking for "French from France" - which is exaclty what I am - by opposition to French speaker who didn't grow up in France.

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Luis,

I`m sorry to hear about the difficulties you`re having with potential clients.

I would like to clarify that freelancers when they are moving for a longer period of time, their profile location will need to reflect the new location/address.
If you have moved for a short period of time, you can update your address back to France. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, My country was updated to Spain, thanks for the support. However, now I can't type my city and state/province because it would only let me choose from US cities and states, which don't apply to me. Can you fix that too or do I need to provide additional info? Thanks!

Hi Zenaida,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

HI CAN YOU PLEASE CHANGE MY COUNTRY TO AUSTRALIA.

THANK YOU

Hi Rohan,

Your Country was updated to Australia. Feel free to add the rest of the information to your profile.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am currently am filling out my application for upwork and cant change my country from UK to U.S please help thank you

Hi Jose,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your request.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue too. I can not change my country from US to Sri Lanka

Hi Sara,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I As you you can see country locayion says US, however I am in UAE, 

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 2.23.33 PM.png

Thanks 

Thank you for the follow up, Alia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can not change my country from US to Brazil

Hi Agatha,

Your country is updated, feel free to update the rest of your address when you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I can't change my country from USA to Nepal. Help me !

Hi Prabesh,

Your country has been updated to Nepal as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have a similar problem currently - set to united kingdom but i am living in austria.

could it please be updated?

thank you.

Hi Harry,

Your country has been updated to Austria as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
73076fcf
Community Member

Hello, 

I am currently working on my profile and cannot change my country of residence to where I live, which is United Arab Emirates, Dubai 

Hi Alia,

I just checked your account and I can see that you have the correct country listed on your end. 
Are you seeing something else on your end? If yes, please share a screenshot from your end, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello, could you help me changing the country to australia.

thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arvind, 

I have updated your country from the U.S. to Australia as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, please chaneg my country , i belong from USA 

Hi Abdul Moeed,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to the US?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

How can I verify it ?
I travel around the world ?

Hi Abdul Moeed,

We look at a number of factors in order to verify a freelancer's location. In some cases, we also ask freelancers to upload an image of their state issued driver's license, ID card, Green Card or United States passport so that we can verify their location but in some cases, it's not necessary.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. My country is set to Philippines.  And I've been here in the US months ago. Can you please change it to US??

Hi Andi Frei,

Your country has been updated to the U.S as requested. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
dikeshj
Community Member

Hi, While creating an account on Upwork last week, the country set to Canada. I live in India, can someone please help me updating the country? Kindly help me in fixing it. Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dikesh,

~ Goran
Upwork
somanous
Community Member

Hello, same here! Can't change my country, why is this a persistant issue? I am from Hungary but I have a temporary stay in the US. I don't have an American phone number but I can ask for someone's to receive the confirmation code. So should I request a change in my country and have it sent to my Hungarian number or set it to the US since this is where I am staying for now? I guess a country change is the cleanest solution but will I then miss out on jobs from New York state? Thanks for your reply!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Soma,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. In order to verify their US location, a freelancer needs to provide a state ID, driver's license, U.S. passport or greencard. Unfortunately, it's not possible to verify location without one of those documents but you can still have access to all the jobs in the marketplace that don't have U.S.-only requirement.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!! I can’t change my country from Dominican Republic to the Netherlands , please help so I can complete my profile
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello!

Do you have any update?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths