Can't change country

Milenko S Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
1491 of 1,664

Thanks Bojan for the fast reply.

The country is Cyprus.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1492 of 1,664

Hi Milenko, 

Your Country was updated to Cyprus. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Gullsher H Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
1493 of 1,664

I want to change my location from UAE to Pakistan , as i am currently in pakistan 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1494 of 1,664

Hi Gullsher,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
1495 of 1,664

I am not willing to scroll thru 146 and counting pages to see how many FLers apparently now live in the US.  However, I am calling the bluff of 99.999% of all who makes this claim.  This was NOT an issue until Upwork instituted the client option of "US applicants only".  There is now a similar option in force for "UK applicants only". How many of the same mind-set will try for that?

U's decision to do this was based on BUYER REQUESTS.  While I personally find it all distasteful, I can understand it for a few reasons.  

1. command of the English language

2. time zone issues (for convenience only)

3. understanding of the marketing skills needed to effectively communicate with a buyer's targeted market 

Whether you view it a unfair, mean, or whatever ... it is a fact of life.  And it isn't going to change.  Do us all a favor and stop trying to scam the system.  This is the one rare and odd scenario where your scams will not work.

Joon J Member Since: Sep 14, 2019
1496 of 1,664

Can you please change my location to Lviv, Ukraine as I am currently here and I can only receive calls or SMS here at the moment. Thank you.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1497 of 1,664

Hi Joon,

You're country has been updated to Ukraine, thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Andrea C Member Since: Sep 14, 2019
1498 of 1,664

Im located in US but my nationality is Colombian, do i need to change my location to Colombia?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1499 of 1,664

Upwork profile pages report where freelancers live. There is nothing on these pages about a freelancer's nationality.

So the answer to your question is: No.

You should not change your location to Colombia.

Mariela M Member Since: Sep 14, 2019
1500 of 1,664

I am currently registering. I'm in Germany and I'm trying to register from this place, but I can't change the location Bulgaria.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS