cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Denis C Member Since: May 30, 2019
1641 of 3,823

At the beginning of the registration I indicated another country instead of a valid one. Is it possible to delete an account at the registration stage and start over?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1642 of 3,823

Denis C wrote:

Is it possible to delete an account at the registration stage and start over?

No.

Denis C wrote:

At the beginning of the registration I indicated another country instead of a valid one.

Why did you lie about your location (and your school?)

Now you have to hope a moderator sees this and changes the country for you. For that they have to know where you really are.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1643 of 3,823

Hi Denis,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Could you please confirm which country you are located in, the one you would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Denis C Member Since: May 30, 2019
1644 of 3,823

Russia

Highlighted
1645 of 3,823

Hi Denis,

Your country has been updated to Russia. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Sara T Member Since: May 30, 2019
1646 of 3,823

It will not let me update the Country on my profile. It defaulted to albania for some reason and when I hover over the coutry box, it has a red circle with a line through it. Please fix. 

Highlighted
1647 of 3,823

Hi Sara,

Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Sara T Member Since: May 30, 2019
1648 of 3,823
United States
Highlighted
1649 of 3,823

Thank you for following up, Sara.

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Zhou Q Member Since: May 30, 2019
1650 of 3,823
My profile not finished. My country is set to US but I now live in china. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS