Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
251 of 3,902

Hi Bilal,

Your location has been updated, thank you.

~Nina
Highlighted
Hassan Nazeer C Member Since: Jan 29, 2019
252 of 3,902

I am facing similar problem , i live in Italy but country is locked at Pakistan at signup page. 

Highlighted
David C Member Since: Jan 18, 2018
253 of 3,902

Hey by mistake I left the default country as US, and then I can't continue because need to validate my number which has the US prefix so I couldnt finish my signup because can't verify my phone. How can I change it to my real contry (Argentina)?

Thanks!

D

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
254 of 3,902

Hi David,

We've updated your details and set Argentina as your country. Please only provide accurate information in your profile as required by Upwork ToS. Thanks.

Highlighted
David C Member Since: Jan 18, 2018
255 of 3,902

Thanks!

Highlighted
Maneesha H Member Since: Jan 18, 2018
256 of 3,902

hi David,

i have the same issue with my country. By mistake i have selected US. Will you be able to rechange it.

Thank you.

Regards,

Maneesha

Highlighted
Community Guru
257 of 3,902

Hi Maneesha,

Please confirm which country you are located in and would like to have on your profile so that we can further assist you, thank you.

~Nina
Highlighted
Sofia P Member Since: Feb 20, 2018
258 of 3,902

I have the exact same problem. Put US as my country of residence since I live there, but can't verify my phone number since I'm in Argentina and will be here for a few months. Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
259 of 3,902

Hi Sofia,

We ask all users to provide accurate information about their current location. Additionally, users who select US as their location at the registration are asked to verify that information using a U.S. phone number. That process can't be bypassed.

~Nina
Highlighted
Sofia P Member Since: Feb 20, 2018
260 of 3,902

Thank you for responding! But does this mean I can't use Upwork until I come back in 7 months? Is there no way to restart my application? I didn't know I had to verify it through my phone and decided to put US because that's where all my bank accounts and cards are from. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS