🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hello Goran,

I need exactly the same help. 

My country is set as United States, I want it to change to Brazil

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bernardo, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
goappslive
Community Member

Hi, 

When I was opening my upwork account, I overcome to choose country and it was stay there by default country USA. But My country should be India. So I can not complete the verification process. Please Help me out this problem, so I can verify my profile & apply for Jobs. It's Really urgent. If anyone can help me. I would be in debt to him/her. Please Help me out.

The California street address isn't a default. How did that address appear?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Please know that you will not be allowed to sell your services as a company on your freelancer account. If you want to sell your services on Upwork as a company, please create an Agency account to be able to bid for job posts as a company. 

You may read more about managing an agency on this help article.

The team will follow up with you via email about your profile information.  

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having same problem. My official address for billing purposes is in USA but I am currently in India with an India phone number so i am not able to complete the verification process as it will not allow me to enter my India number for verification code.

Hi Teresa,

I just updated your country, feel free to update the rest of your address now. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, i am having the same issue as stated in this feed. I am trying to set my account up and it was set to US where i am from, however, i am now living in Bolivia. I now only have a Bolivian number for the verification process and i cannot seem to change it to Bolivia. Please advise. Thank you!

Hi Linda, 

Your profile's country is now updated to Bolivia. Please update your address to correctly reflect where you are currently located. 

~ Avery
Upwork
k_khusainova
Community Member

I can't change my country from the United States to Russia during the profile creation. Can you help me with that?

Hi Karina, 

Your country has already been updated from U.S. to Russia.

~ Avery
Upwork
hely-rabe
Community Member

I've also the same problem now, I can't change my country because it's already mentioned "Albania", I can't write "Madagascar", so I can't finish to fill in my profil formular. 

Hi Rabeharisoa,

Our team updated your country, feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I would like to see if I can change my country. (I split my time between Oman and the United States. I work in both/travel frequently, however the majority of my time is in Oman.) I put in the US initially, however I would like to instead change to Oman.  How can this be done? Only solution I saw was to delete the account and start over again, however, it looks like deleting the account is also proving a bit tricky.  Could someone please assist me with this? 

Hi Michaela,

Your country has now been updated to Oman. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
996d5771
Community Member

My country is stuck on United States. I now live in Mongolia. Can it be changed?

Hi Robert,

Our team has updated your country to Mongolia, feel free to update the rest of the address. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi! While signing up, my country has defaulted to US. Please help me change it to Philippines. Thanks! 

Hi Pauie,

Your location setting has been updated. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, Could you change my country from United States to Argentina? I am residing in Argentina though I filled out my country as if it was my nationality which is U.S.A. and I can no longer proceed because I need to verify my telephone which is Argentinain based.

Hi Vincent,

Your country has been updated to Argentina. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks Bojan, I was sorry to ask but you've really helped me.

This all makes me wonder how many freelancers are set on US when they aren't actually in the US and getting to see jobs that I no longer have access to see. Woman Indifferent

kaduow
Community Member

I can't change my country neither!

Actually, I don't know why it's locked in USA, but I would like to change to Brazil.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Carlos,

I just changed your country to Brazil. You may now update your address information correctly. Thank you!

Untitled
beck1991
Community Member

I accidentally chose USA while signing up and can't change it to Russia now, my email is

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Nurbek,

Your country has been updated to Russia as you have requested. You may now continue adding the rest of your profile information. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
alonso_mb
Community Member

Been trying to sign up today to Upwork, but I can't complete the application without changing the country. It's currently locked to Albania, and I cannot access settings yet to change it. I currently reside in Canada.

Hi Maria,

Your country should now be reflecting Canada. Please go ahead and complete your address information and let us know if you run into any issues with this, thanks!

~Nina

Hello Nina! I just created my UpWork session and I don t know why the country is locked (and in grey colour). It puts automatically "Bolivia" and I cannot change...that's a problem cause then all the information (address, studies) is related to Bolivia in this case and I am from Uruguay.

Please let me know how can we arrange this problem.

Thank you!

Regards, 

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Country has been changed to Uruguay. Please continue to complete your profile and let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thak you very much! 🙂 

Regards

Andrea

Hi,

I have the same issue as the other two in this thread, country has been locked to America when I'm in the UK (and chose that option during initial sign-up). Please change it so I can continue sign-up, thanks.

Ben

Hi Ben,

I had your account country updated.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks!

Hi I need to change my country from USA to India can you help me in doing same my I’d is **edited for Community Guidelines**. i had messaged you earlier regarding same it’s not yet sorted out

Hi Amruta, 

I can see you already have an open ticket for your request. The team will reach out to you with more information about your account through your open ticket. Feel free to follow up should you have more questions or need clarification about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
1311fbfd
Community Member

I am unable to change the country of residence to Nigeria from Algeria in my profile creation.

Hi Lawal,

I just checked your account and you were able to update your country to Nigeria, if you need further help let me know. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
shams_sujon
Community Member

I am new to upwork. I made a mistake while sign up. I am from Bangladesh but I I've selected United States as country and I can not change it now also can not verify my mobile number.

Is there any way to change the country and mobile number?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths