Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3251 of 3,555

You need to contact Support, who will also question whether someone who lies about one main aspect of his account isn't likely to have lied about absolutely everything else on it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
3252 of 3,555

Why choose Huntsville? I'm sure it's lovely, but if you have to make up a US address, then I'm going for Beverly Hills every time. Mainly because it's the oinly zip code I know for certain.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Md Shofikul I Member Since: Dec 16, 2016
3253 of 3,555

Hello sir,

Can you help me to change my country location USA to Bangladesh?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3254 of 3,555

Why did you lie about your location?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
3255 of 3,555

@Petra R wrote:

Why did you lie about your location?

(I might be late to the party, but...) If you search YT for "how to get upwork account approved bangladesh", you'll see that freelancers are being led to believe that the way to get your account approved is to set your country to US and then ask CS to change it to Bangladesh.

Poof done.

(Edited for clarification)

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3256 of 3,555

Hi Ines, 

I've seen and responded to similar and even more egregious claims before, and will reiterate that location doesn't factor into the profile review and approval process.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
3257 of 3,555

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ines, 

I've seen and responded to similar and even more egregious claims before, and will reiterate that location doesn't factor into the profile review and approval process.

Hi Vlad - sorry if it came off as an accusation. I'm not claiming that's the way to get a profile approved, or that it even works.

I was just mentioning it as explanation to why FLs from Bangladesh set their location to US and then ask to change it (because they are being told that that works).

Highlighted
3258 of 3,555

Hi Md Shofikul,

Please follow the instructions and link below the country selection field in order to contact Customer Support and update your address.

Highlighted
Mariana N Member Since: Oct 2, 2017
3259 of 3,555

Hello, Vladimir. I also travel between 3 countries, where I stay 1-3 monthes. My registration,surely,is in one of them,and the other i just visited for 1-3 mothes. Now I'm trying to write down my adress aand before it CHANGE the country. I'm logging from another country, as says in   the instructions and link below the country selection field,but the country doesn't change. What should  I do? 

Highlighted
3260 of 3,555

Hi Mariana,

Someone from our team will follow up with you directly to review all the information and advise.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS