3912 of 3,937

Hi Bukola,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

Untitled
hasmik_sngryan
Hasmik S Member Since: Jan 5, 2019
3913 of 3,937

Hey, 
Can anyone help me to change my country to Antwerp, Belgium?

Thanks

09d7351b
Karin S Member Since: Aug 14, 2017
3914 of 3,937

Hello! 

I am doing updates on my profile and I am trying to update my country to the United States (Los Angeles), I am based here since a few weeks back. Can I get assistance in this? 

Thanks a lot! Best, Karin S

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3915 of 3,937

Hi Karin,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you.

Untitled
09d7351b
3916 of 3,937

Hi! Thanks for the help. 

Although I am having a bit of a problem, after the location change I need to verify my ID again (I have already done this first time signing up). I can now only choose the US documents (US passport, driving license, etc), which I don't have. I will be based in the US for a few months so I thought that it is best to update my location to the US, but I will not have a US passport, driving license, green card or other just because that. My origin is still Sweden, and I have tried to upload my Swedish driving license again but that did not work.

How should I proceed? I need to verify to be able to send proposals and get paid etc.

Thanks! 
Best,

Karin S

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3917 of 3,937

Hi Karin, 

If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. 

If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. 

We won't be able to advise you regarding your visa type and a permit to work in the US. You may want to discuss that with a legal adviser. Thank you.

Untitled
09d7351b
3918 of 3,937

Hello! 
I understand. I was under the belief that it was just the location (timezone etc) that was updated, not the actual country of origin and tax system.

I think it is best to change my location back to Sweden then, since I will continue to pay the taxes to the Swedish gov, and will only be in the US for a short amount of time. 

Can you change it to Sweden again? Thank you! 
Best,
Karin S
09d7351b
3919 of 3,937
Hello!
I understand. I was under the belief that it was just the location
(timezone etc) that was updated, not the actual country of origin and tax
system.
I think it is best to change my location back to Sweden then, since I will
continue to pay the taxes to the Swedish gov, and will only be in the US
for a short amount of time.

Can you change it to Sweden again? Thank you!
Best,
Karin S
andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
3920 of 3,937

Hi Karin,

You should be able to change your country by going to Settings > Contact info and clicking the pencil icon next to the location section. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS