🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
a_onyekaba
Community Member

Hello, I am currently back to home, so I need to change my location and phone number. How do i go about it?

Hi Anastestia,

Could you please confirm your current location so that our team can update your country? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

lagos Nigeria

Hi Anastestia,

Your country is correct, you can double check your address by going to Settings > Contact Info > Location. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
8caed1a3
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork while I was using vpn. My country is set to Singapore but I now live in China. Could you please help me with this? thanks

Hi Hailey,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi Goran,

屏幕快照 2020-05-12 下午4.34.39.png

it still shows singapore on my profile

Hi Hailey,

Please log out > clear your cache and cookies > log in again. If you`re still seeing Singapore on your end after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Still doesn't work

Hi Hailey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your country. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
65c5e4e0
Community Member

Hi Moderator’s,
Could you help me in changing my country from United States to Pakistan.
Stuck in the creating account phase.
Thank you in advance.

-Noman

Noman K wrote:

Hi Moderator’s,
Could you help me in changing my country from United States to Pakistan.
Stuck in the creating account phase.
Thank you in advance.

-Noman

Did you move recently?

No, i didn't move anywhere.

I just saved the United States mistakenly on signup and in the last step i can't able to set my real location as Pakistan.

Now, i'm stuck in signup phase.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noman,

Your country has been updated to Pakistan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
65c5e4e0
Community Member

Thanks alot Bojan. Really appreciated.

184339d8
Community Member

My Default Location is set to UK, and i am stuck in update profile window.

The change location page is set to UK and it is uneditable.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zul,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there!

Same problem, I made the account in Portugal while travelling, but I currently live in Switzerland and I can not change it because I am stuck in the "Create Profile" page. I appreciate your help with this 🙂

Hi Alexandra,

Your country has been updated to Switzerland. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
thegrammarfiles
Community Member

Same problem.  How can I change my country to Thailand ?

ashvekw
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to United States but I now live in the India Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

Ashvek,

Your country has been updated to India. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Could you also help me, please ?  I am setting up my account from Thailand - the country I live in.  But the location option is stuck on UK.  Thank you...

lahirueka
Community Member

I signed up with upwork when i was in USA, longtime back, but did not finish my profile. Now I am living in Sri Lanka, and want to complete my profile. Once logged in, I am directed to "Create your Profile" page - there I am not able to change the country of my address. Please advise on how to change the country.

Hi Lahiru,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there. i've just registered here and i cant change my location to the right one. when I filled out the profile, the country field was inactive and Germany was written there. But I am not in Germany! I live in Ukraine. How can I change my place of residence? Please help me. Many thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Your Country was updated to Ukraine as per your request.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
silvanna_aroni
Community Member

Im having the same problem. I need to update my location to US (PST). Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Silvanna,

I have updated your Country as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
abudishchev
Community Member

I have the same issue. My country is listed as the Netherlands, but my actual country of residence is Germany.

Hi Artem,

Your Country was updated to Germany as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
logo-world
Community Member

Hello Community,

I want to change my Nationality, 

I used to live in US but recently, i just moved to Pakistan.

I want my Nationality changed.

Please Help 🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. Would you like us to update your country to Pakistan?

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kikapogh
Community Member

Hi, I was half way through creating my profile.
I chose my location as USA, a previous location, and during the profile creation process, it's asking me to add information such as phone number and street address for USA, however, that's not my location at the moment. It's not letting me choose another location, it's not letting me go back and change the initial location and it's not letting me move forward.

How can I fix this?

Hi Kristina,

Could you confirm your current location/country so that our team can update it? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Gorav,

Thank you for replying. My current location is Yerevan, Armenia.

When can I expect the chagne to be made?

Hi Kristina,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update the rest of your address once you`re ready. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9067eaf5
Community Member

I am currently creating an account with Upwork. I didn't realize I chose Turkey as my country but I am from Kenya, Now I am stuck at the location part. Can someone please help me change this?

Hi Amina,

I checked and it seems that your location is already set to Kenya and that you have submitted your profile for review. Please note that it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

i cant change my upwork location its default is united states but im here in the philippines

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths