cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change country

Natalia S Member Since: Apr 8, 2018
951 of 1,868

Hi, I would like to change my country to Argentina, but the field is blocked. Can anyone help me, please?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
952 of 1,868

Hi Natalia,

Our team just updated your country, feel free to update the rest of your address. Thank you!

Untitled
Monica G Member Since: May 12, 2018
953 of 1,868

Hi Goran,

I need the same exact help, I need to change my country of residence to Costa Rica. Can you please help?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
954 of 1,868

Hi Monica,

Your country has been updated from the United States to Costa Rica. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
955 of 1,868

Hmm... This really should be easier to do... even if Upwork doesn't want freelancers to be able to change the country of residence indicated on their profile change on their own... At least make it clear how to ask for help doing so.

Provide a standard button or something that can be clicked to kick off a change-country-of-residence process.

Maybe providing that would make it even more likely that freelancers' profile information will be accurate.

Especially if said easy-to-use button would trigger a process that requires authentication of he country of residence through an Upwork employee.

Monica G Member Since: May 12, 2018
956 of 1,868

Thank you, Bojan! Smiley Happy

Mehnaz M Member Since: May 20, 2018
957 of 1,868

Hello, I am Currently living in Bangladesh . While trying to change the country of residence I found it blocked.Is there any other way I can change it?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
958 of 1,868

Hi Mehnaz,

Your country has been updated to Bangladesh. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Max M Member Since: Nov 1, 2018
959 of 1,868
I’m trying to create account, but it automatically set the country USA, I can’t change it to Russia, because it is blocked, help me to change it please.
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
960 of 1,868

Hi Max, 

I've updated your country to Russia. Also, please make sure to upload a profile photo that clearly shows your face. Please check out this help article for more information. Let us know if you need any assistance or have questions. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS